XPEnology Community

System partition has crashed error?!

Greeting, 

I have DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 8 installed and it was all working great till now.

Everything seems to work OK and disk SMART status is OK but all of sudden I got this error "Danger - System partition has crashed. Please back up data and replace the damaged disks as soon as possible. Then reinstall the system with synology assistant", and there is no option for repair.

I have two disks, they are not connected in any way and the error appeared on both of them. 

Can someone help me?

Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.25.48.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.32.27.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.32.51.png

Edited by icanic

If you run the Syno Assistant and have a copy of the 6.0.2-8451 file ready, then you can 'recover' which uploads and fixes the system partition, you may need to reapply U8.

The system partition can fail for various reasons,  'disconnection count' of 5 could be because the drive is spinning up, down then up again (resetting) which might be the reason. Check the power and sata connections and also that the psu can handle the load 

• 3 weeks later...

I have tryed to reinstall, but after reinstall when I boot with juns loader v1.01 and select 1. normal boot, I dont see Diskstation and there is no disk station on my network. When I select any other option (reinstall or force install) then diskstation appears on netowork.

And I got error from the picture when I select reinstall and open diskstation in web interface.

Untitled.jpg

Dont know what to do now.

Please help someone.

Edited by icanic

Check your bios settings to make sure the sata is set to ahci. also if the mobo has different sata controllers disable the unused channels. it might be that your power spike caused a bios reset which has changed something. if you have a spare hdd I would try a clean install and test the disk on each of the sata ports to see which ones are ok. you could also try the sata port map option or force install. what mobo does your system have?

Thank you, but in the meantime I have solved my problem by updating loader to jun's loader ver 1.02b and installing DSM 6.1 and now everything works.

But now I have another problem. I had iSCSI LUN before from volume1 and about 500gb size, now after reinstall my iSCSI LUN have dissapeared from synology. Does someone know how to rescan/readd old LUN or something or how can I delete my LUN file from synology DS (what is the path to LUNs)

Edited by icanic