XPEnology Community

How to clean install the latest loader v1.02b (DS3615xs, DS3617xs and DS916+) for DSM 6.1 on AMD machines

For those who have AMD based Nases never have any chances to upgrade to latest DSM 6.1. Yes, we have to wait for a compatible AMD loader but looks like it lasts forever...

My question here is if we can create a ESXi 6.5 VM on AMD based machine and then install the latest loader v1.02b on it?

Thank you for your prompt replies.

I appreciate it.

Edited by Elpee

6 hours ago, Elpee said:

For those who have AMD based Nases never have any chances to upgrade to latest DSM 6.1. Yes, we have to wait for a compatible AMD loader but looks like it lasts forever...

My question here is if we can create a ESXi 6.5 VM on AMD based machine and then install the latest loader v1.02b on it?

Thank you for your prompt replies.

I appreciate it.

Have you tried doing the install and it failed? I think I read some threads people got it working using the force install?

We only know if people report back, and yes we here I think dont yet have a HCL list (hope Im not wrong).

I myself have HP AMD based N54la  and it works, fine however can't say for other AMD based systems.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, synogeek said:

Have you tried doing the install and it failed? I think I read some threads people got it working using the force install?

We only know if people report back, and yes we here I think dont yet have a HCL list (hope Im not wrong).

I myself have HP AMD based N54la  and it works, fine however can't say for other AMD based systems.

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like I have to try this way, otherwise my AMD Nas keeps running on obsoleted DSM 6.0 forever.

• Like 1