XPEnology Community

Upgraded bare metal install, using Jun's 1.02b boot loader, running DSM 6.1.2.15132 to 6.1.3.15152 via control panel.  Seems to have installed somewhat successfully, but it wouldn't come up via the GUI, seems fixed IP changed.  Found it on the Synology Assistant, with new IP and showing MIGRATABLE status. Clicked to "MIGRATE" retaining data/settings, took just about 2min and it was backup again, just on the new IP, reset it via the GUI, back to the fixed IP it had originally.

Hello Everyone!  
I am sorry if this is reply is in the WRONG location... I have a hard time navigating the new forum. I seem to get lost easily and cant find the newest information with it.
This morning I attempted to update one of my Xpenology Bare hardware setups. 
asrock n3150m 
DS916+ Version of Jun's 1.02b boot.
I can see the system on my network in find.synology.com 
When I Click connect. It Shows "Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found."
And then SHUTS DOWN my nas. 

I do have a the 3617 version running just fine

Just now, neotronic said:

Hi David, what boot loader are you using with your N54L. Do you also have a 2nd NIC or are you using the onboard NIC. Thanks.

I have used the 1.2b i think (please find the file attached :smile: )

The only problem remaining since the dsm 6.0, it is the fact that i cant reboot it. I need to power off an power on manually, i dont know why.

synoboot.img

1 hour ago, neotronic said:

Hi David, what boot loader are you using with your N54L. Do you also have a 2nd NIC or are you using the onboard NIC. Thanks.

The only problem remaining since the dsm 6.0, it is the fact that i cant reboot it. I need to power off an power on manually, i dont know why.

edit: Previously i had updated to 6.1.315132 and not this one. I did the last one and all seems ok.

HP proliant gen7 (reboot seems ok now)
Loader JUN v1.02b DS3617xs
Misse avec succès . DSM 6.1.3-15152

Dear davdi1982,

For fraich install, are you confident that Gen7 can be in production? 

I will try with a spare disk tonight but should do a fraich install and then copy data this week end on SHR ...so I don't have many day to test/

Config: N40L + DVB-T hauppauge tuner DIB700 driver (included in actual boot) + additionnal RTL8111 nic card + UPS APC plug on USB2.0 media card reader

Regards,

Edited by hubogoss62
ups added

On 20/07/2017 at 11:24 PM, davdi1982 said:

edit: Previously i had updated to 6.1.315132 and not this one. I did the last one and all seems ok.

HP proliant gen7 (reboot seems ok now)
Loader JUN v1.02b DS3617xs
Misse avec succès . DSM 6.1.3-15152

The boot loader works well for me too. The only issue I can find is WOL isn't working. I've seen other posts by GEN8 users having the same issue. My server is GEN7 - so both models may be affected. Is your WOL working ok?

Dear Team,

I've tried to boot bootloader 1.02b (with or without  extra LZMA from tutorial) on my N40L with additionnal NIC RTL8111 without success.

I modified GRUb file like with previous 1.01 bootloader: VID, PID, MAC1 and MAC2 adress, SN,   and modified NETIF=2

Syno assistant do not find DSM, and my router do not show any new IP when booting

equipment :Bare metal N40L (AMD) original 2Gig RAM+ RTL8111 NIC card

Fraich install

What can I test to boot on 1.02b to be able to test/install 6.1.3 ? 

as much as i can see the extra.lzma from polansikiman does not mention a driver for RTL8111 (10/100/1000 PCIe)

the original extra.lzma from jun 1.02a contains the r8169, that just the normal driver from the kernel 3.10.102, realtek does provide source code for those cards, but it has to be comiled for the kernel manualy, i did this with and placed it in my extra.lzma, the module is named r8168 (and about 10 times bigger then the one from the kernel, maybe it contains more special code for different version af the 10/100/1000 PCIe chips), i replced the modulname in rc.modules with r8168 so the additional kernel module should be loaded (as i dont have this hardware i could not test it)

jun also provides this driver with his 1.02b loader but in his rc.modules both are in "r8168"  and "r8169",  as those are for the same hardware i can not predict what driver is used when the image starts

with the tutorial i wrote aboute creating the extra.lzma its possible to extract it and make two versions from the 1.02b extra.lzma, each one only containing one driver for the rtl8111 (r8168 OR r8169), with that you can test both drivers seperatly, at least one of this drivers should work

• Like 1

Thanks IG-88,

noted well. 

looks enough clear to make a try to me (I'm not so skilled!)

I'm actually reconfiguring my DSM (first time since many years... I takes a loooong time to analyse files!). I will follow your info at next occasion. (maybe before holidays)

thanks again for your support,

4 hours ago, hubogoss62 said:

Thanks IG-88,

noted well. 

looks enough clear to make a try to me (I'm not so skilled!)

I'm actually reconfiguring my DSM (first time since many years... I takes a loooong time to analyse files!). I will follow your info at next occasion. (maybe before holidays)

thanks again for your support,

if you are willing to test i could make 2 versions of the extra.lzma from jun's 1.02b, its just removing oen file, modyfing a text file and repacked it, doe ony take a few minutes to do this, you just have to put it in the boot stick imge yourself (as there is the need of modifying the grub config, you are already using osfmount so no extra knowlage needed)

i am completely willing to do this. I need the real R8168 driver to work with my headless EX495. The R8169 in 1.02b crashes it hard on large file trasfers. This has been going on since 5.2 days!!! Would be most appreciative of some help with fixing this.  I have a working unit up and working to test with, without data, and willing to crash it in trial and error.