lilmonkey

DVB Tuners for DSM 6.xx

Can anyone confirm which (if any) drivers for DVB tuners are added for the new 6.x.x releases of DSM via Xpenolgy?

Looking at the Synology site, my pctv 292e is supported for some devices, but not he 3615xs that is generally used for Xpenology..

Does this mean that the drivers are not available? Can they be manually installed?

How do i do this?

ANy help with DVD please?

My USB-tuner based on the RTL2832 works.

Loader 1.02b - 3615Xs, 6.1.215132

Any info about supported DVB-C tuners? I know that VideoStation do not support DVB-C at the moment, but I am going to use it with tvheadend.

As I have understood Sundtek products are well supported, but they are quite expensive too, so I am searching something cheaper, like Geniatech T230/T230C or DVB-C tuner from eBay on RTL2832P. But I can not find any info about driver support in Synology linux kernel or about possibility to compile/install drivers manually.

Please share your experience about using DVB-C on DSM 6.1 and supported/working tuner list.

Edited by Kostja_V

There are several dvb-c tuners that work very well, but you have to compile modules.
I was using TBS 6281 and 6205 in dvb-c/t mode and work exelent, using tvheadend and its exelent works 100% on a bare metal instalation of dsm.
Recently i changed to vmware esxi, and separeted dvb card and tvheadend to an ubuntu instalation, only because can use intel quicksync on ffmpeg, dsm doesent alow this kind of configuration.
Other than that dsm+tvh+dvb works 100%.
If you are buying an pciex dvb card, buy one from tbs and you have modules compiled by me to dsm 5.2 and 6.0, new versions if someone wants to help a can cross compile tbs again.

@JMRR

You can confirm that a TBS 6281SE works fine with the last jun's loader for the DS3615xs, DSM 6.1.3 15152 Update 1?

Under TVheadend 4.4... 

Many thanks for the work you've done.

Cant test i cant compile modules for 6.1.3. And my configuration doesent alow me to test.
My dvb card is not in dsm anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally, a DVB-T202 works fine. It's shown Afatech AF9033 under TVheadEnd.

I've put in a floppy-dtv dvb-s and dvb-t tuner in my system. They're quite old technology now, just had them left over from previous projects.

They work well with tvheadend, I did have to compile the firewire modules first, then the firedtv modules to make it work. Video station doesn't recognise them.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hello I have a TBS 6205 that i would like tu use in dvb-c mode.

I use bare metal.

Can you help me, I don't know how to compile drivers my self?

On 9 de agosto de 2017 at 4:28 PM, JMRR said:

Cant test i cant compile modules for 6.1.3. And my configuration doesent alow me to test.
My dvb card is not in dsm anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi JMRR,

I've bought a tbs6922 card and I've spent for a week trying to compile the drivers with no success :(. I've followed all the guides that I found but I only was able to create files with non *.ko extension, could you give me some advice to compile the drivers? Thank you so much :)

there are two howto/tutorials in the "Tutorials and Guides" section

i use the chmod environment of my tutorial on a regular base to create drivers for my extra.lzma so its capable of producing drivers

depending on drivers from external source it might be different how they detect the kernel source installed, so it can be necessary to look into compile scripts or makefiles to see why they cant find the kernel source or have problems detecting the kernel version

Hi master!

Yep, I tried both and also this one although is not the brand that I'm looking for:

Also I downloaded the open source and the official drivers with no luck. I'm not an expert in this field and I'm sure that I'm making a lot of mistakes. As it seems that @JMRR was able to compile them in the past, perhaps can help me with this roadblock :)

Anyway, thank you so much for taking your time answering my post, linking the tutorials and your hard work in the project ;)

Finally I've been able to compile the official drivers and the card is recognized by system :1_grinning:. I've attached the drivers, firmwares and the dependencies file. If I have some time and someone is interested, I'll write the steps that I took  :10_wink:

TBS_Official.zip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rifkin said:

I'll write the steps that I took

That would be great if you can do it. Thanks in advance

hello newby here been following xpenology for a few years on an off and have built smaller builds previously

xpenology build 6.1 jun1.02b bootloader 

hp proliant dl160g6 dual xeon e5506 cpu

8gb ram

as per above i am having issues with two compatable usb dvb t and usb dvb s devices

DVB-TKWorldDVB-T UB499-2T (single tuner)             found by xpenlonlogy as  registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015

DVB-STechniSatSkyStar USB HD - DVB-S HDTV-Empfänger (4109/3734   found by synology as b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded successfully

dmesg for dvbs skystar 2 comes back as 

[14170.950769] usbcore: registered new interface driver b2c2_flexcop_usb
[17172.178559] usbcore: deregistering interface driver b2c2_flexcop_usb
[17172.197380] b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip unloaded successfully
[17212.382094] perf interrupt took too long (5199 > 10000), lowering kernel.perf_event_max_sample_rate to 25000
[17378.230587] b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded successfully
[17378.237032] flexcop_usb: running at FULL speed.
[17378.406943] DVB: registering new adapter (FlexCop Digital TV device)
[17378.407951] b2c2-flexcop: MAC address = 00:d0:d7:30:87:2e
[17378.412948] b2c2-flexcop: no frontend driver found for this B2C2/FlexCop adapter
[17378.421980] usbcore: registered new interface driver b2c2_flexcop_usb

and the same for the k world any ideas is this a driver issue? nothing shows up in videostation or in info centere attached devices 

any help is appretiated.

regards lew