ruffpl

Moving from DSM 5.2 to 6 on intel mobo

Hi. I have not been to the forum for a long time. I am thinking about small modernization of my home server. Right now I am on xpenology 5.2 (from around 2 years) on  my intel dh67cl with corei5 and 8 hard disks. I just bought new WD hdd and I would like to make a  clean instalation of dsm 6 on it ( after that migrating all data from rest drives and small data cleanup). But before that I would like to know is it stable/ does someone had some bugs on dsm6? Just in case I had to waste time and go back to dsm 5.2.

Regards

Jun's loader is stable. You can have a look at the tutorial I made (see my signature) and all other threads on the matter. Installing DSM on a spare drive shouldn't take long. Try it and let us know how it goes.

FYI, latest loader is v1.02b for DSM 6.1 but I recommend you stay with loader v1.01 with DSM 6.0.2. You can then easly upgrade to the latest loader and DSM if you feel like it. Reason I say this is because Synology now seems to be checking proper s/n-MAC in certain propriatary applications such as in the Media Server since DSM 6.1.

• Like 2