XPEnology Community

Mellanox Infiniband (10GbE or 40GbE)

synogeek

I recently started using N54L for Xpenology, had 5.2 on it before.

I am trying to experiment with Mellanox Infiniband cards and ordered dual port and single port (40 GbE and 10 GbE) however the links to trantor's modules /d rivers are no longer valid. his domain /website has expired.

I am requesting any community members here who can help me out,

I read this thread:

and trying to reach the OP as well.

Would 5.2 drivers work fine on 6.1?

Here is Trantor's post from that link:

On 7/4/2015 at 9:07 PM, Trantor said:

DSM 5.2 and DSM 5.1 have different kernel.

I recompile the infiniband/mellanox drivers for DSM 5.2 (kernel 3.10.35)

https://download.xpenology.fr/drivers/i ... nd-5.2.zip

Enjoy :smile:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and as a way back I will work on documenting my steps / installation so it can be re-used in the future without so much pain hopefully

If needed I am also willing to recompile the drivers with help / guidance from others.Conversant with Linux / Win / ESXI.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Modules from 5.2 would not work on 6.1 because the kernel version is different. They need to be recompiled for 6.1. There is no other way around. @IG-88 did a tutorial on how to compile modules. See here >>> https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7187-how-to-build-and-inject-missing-drivers-in-jun-loader-102a/

Polanskiman, thanks for the info.

On a side note, after this new forum upgrade a lot of google searches to the old FOrum links just go the main link.Its very very annoying and frustrating.

So for this I am looking for Mellanox, and the forum link in the OP's post points to an invalid forum link.Is there any way you can fix this? A lot of google search of the old crawls are just redirecting to the current forum home page.

I then have to manually search for that term, even then the TOPIC id dont match its a royal PITA. Thanks for any help on this.

22 hours ago, synogeek said:

Polanskiman, thanks for the info.

On a side note, after this new forum upgrade a lot of google searches to the old FOrum links just go the main link.Its very very annoying and frustrating.

So for this I am looking for Mellanox, and the forum link in the OP's post points to an invalid forum link.Is there any way you can fix this? A lot of google search of the old crawls are just redirecting to the current forum home page.

I then have to manually search for that term, even then the TOPIC id dont match its a royal PITA. Thanks for any help on this.

@synogeek. The link you are referring to in the OP of that topic has been updated.

22 hours ago, synogeek said:

Also, do you happen to have the infiniband zip file from trantor? If we atleast have that, we can do some work on recompiling.

I would like to do this for benefit of the whole Xpeno community.

Thanks,

No sorry. I don't have it.

• 1 month later...