XPEnology Community

HP N54L - DSM 6.1 onwards

synogeek

14 minutes ago, A.S._id said:

Yes, PCIe

I need to buy one, and I can do it.

The weird thing is that I can boot without any problem using the old Jun loader. How this can be explained? Is it normal that a change in the bootloader will result in a change in how it can recognise the ethernet chip?

Ethernet chip the same, NC107i Broadcom, and I don't know why it working on N54L, and don't work on N36L...

May be you choose the same point of load how to Jun loader? Try first point (by default)

Jun's loader has 2 kernel, zImage for Intel and bzImage for AMD  and load via point AMD

Edited by A.S._id

2 часа назад, ziorufus сказал:

Is it compatible with AMD?

For what I understand, the only version compatible with AMD is JunsMod102a-test-NICadd (that should work with DSM 6.1).

Absolutely! And I don't understand why it's didn't added yet in main thread for AMD users? To #Polanskiman question...

1 hour ago, ziorufus said:

It does not work :(

After booting it, the DiskStation is not appearing on the SynologyAssistant. Are you sure I can use the v1.02b as is?

So, I think understood why your NAS don't seeing 6.1 loader. Perhaps you installed 6.0 for DS3617, but 6.1 loader for DS3615 only! Try extract all your HDDs and load without it...

2 minutes ago, A.S._id said:

So, I think understood why your NAS don't sewing 6.1 loader. Perhaps you install 6.0 for DS3617, but 6.1 loader for DS3615 only! Try extract all your HDD and load without it...

Now I cannot reboot it because I'm copying some files. Is there a way to get this information from the interface?

1 hour ago, A.S._id said:

Absolutely! And I don't understand why it's didn't added yet in main thread for AMD users? To #Polanskiman question...

Because I never got any answer from the person who compiled the drivers and rebuilt the loader, namely Khile. The kernel was also recompiled for an unknown reason. That person also has clearly stated that it will no longer provide updates to its loader and has also taken the initiative to take the loader offline. I think all those reasons are enough not to promote that loader and most importantly because many people are able to boot their AMD machines with Jun's official loader.

48 минут назад, Polanskiman сказал:

Because I never got any answer from the person who compiled the drivers and rebuilt the loader, namely Khile. The kernel was also recompiled for an unknown reason. That person also has clearly stated that it will no longer provide updates to its loader and has also taken the initiative to take the loader offline. I think all those reasons are enough not to promote that loader and most importantly because many people are able to boot their AMD machines with Jun's official loader.

Well, I'll venture to assume that you also did not receive an official confirmation of further support from Jun, although this is your business. However, we could fix the topic in the header of the section, if only because it is developing ...

p.s. 

By the way about - why. The loader was not recompiled, the kernel was rebuilt - zImage and modules were added, which I do not know exactly, but after that the support DSM6.1 for microservers HP Proliant AMD based ...

Edited by A.S._id

Well, I'll venture to assume that you also did not receive an official confirmation of further support from Jun, although this is your business. However, we could fix the topic in the header of the section, if only because it is developing ...

p.s. 
By the way about - why. The loader was not recompiled, the kernel was rebuilt - zImage and modules were added, which I do not know exactly, but after that the support DSM6.1 for microservers HP Proliant AMD based ...

Jun v1.02b is out and that's confirmation enough for me.

Khile has explicitly said that it does not wish to support the loader any longer and that he will not provide support. The kernel was recompiled, that is a fact. Simply read back in the topic.

The topic does not need fixing.

5 hours ago, ziorufus said:

It does not work :(

After booting it, the DiskStation is not appearing on the SynologyAssistant. Are you sure I can use the v1.02b as is?

Yes I'm sure. I have a N40L & a N54L both running 6.1.3 update 4 using jun's 1.02b loader. Did you set the vid, pid correctly?

Edited by Dfds

To disable CE1 in bios the modded bios from tobbi might be required ? (not sure if you have the option in default bios)

With 5 Disks

--> The loader moded from khile works nice with 6.1.3 U4 on HP N54L for a few days now, 6.1-15047 before was working also nicely.

Memory allocation requires a grub modification, if you don't you will not be able to use all your memory, see capture in memory event monitor ((reserved ram 12gb on 16gb)

Virtualbox package from diablos spk & plex are working fine too

Edited by ygor

1 hour ago, Dfds said:

Yes I'm sure. I have a N40L & a N54L both running 6.1.3 update 4 using jun's 1.02b loader. Did you set the vid, pid correctly?

Yes, I double checked and they are the correct. The Mac address is correct, too.

I only have a doubt on the serial number: I used one found around on the web. How can I set it correctly?

Just now, ziorufus said:

Yes, I double checked and they are the correct. The Mac address is correct, too.

I only have a doubt on the serial number: I used one found around on the web. How can I set it correctly?

The serial No. doesn't make any difference. Try a different USB stick just to make sure it's not that.

1 minute ago, Dfds said:

The serial No. doesn't make any difference. Try a different USB stick just to make sure it's not that.

Already tried: I've changed both the USB stick and the USB port on the server (using an external one). It's so disappointing! If I use the same stick with the old img using the same configuration everything works well :(

1 minute ago, ziorufus said:

Already tried: I've changed both the USB stick and the USB port on the server (using an external one). It's so disappointing! If I use the same stick with the old img using the same configuration everything works well :(

Not sure why it's not working then as the N36L isn't fundamentally that different from the N40L or N54L, both of which I have working.