XPEnology Community

Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.0.2 (Jun's loader)

Polanskiman

I stand corrected. Strange though that the AMD selection would work on an intel cpu. Would you mind looking at the grubenv file in the loader and tell me what's in it?

# GRUB Environment Block
saved_entry=DS3615xs 6.02 Baremetal AMD with Jun's Mod v1.01
##########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Hi (again),

My HP Microserver Gen8 is disconnecting at the first installation process restart.

I can't reconnect in regular system start mode but only in re-install mode.

I can't achieve the install.

EDIT:

I found out to do it, i noted the during install DHCP address et used it after restart. Even if Synology assistant is unabled to find my Proliant my internet browser did usinf that DHCP installation address. Maybe a grub MAC addres issue. SOLVED

Now my issue is that i'unable to connect with my Admin account.

I clean my flashdrive and redo it from scratch, copying the DHCP adress during install and it worked. SOLVED

Thank you

binjch said:
Hello,

I would like to use SHR RAID configuration but the DS3615xs is unabled to do it. Is it a way to rebrand?

Thank you

Search the thread. The solution has been discussed.

Edit: well well I did a search myself and noticed it didn't come up or at least not directly in this thread. Here is the solution:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/6253-dsm-6xx-loader/?do=findComment&comment=55067

To everyone:

Jun has issued an updated loader; namely, 'V1.02a' build which allows you to update to DMS 6.1

WARNING: This loader is an alpha build. You get what it means. Also it does not support AMD at the moment. If you really want to try it out I recommend you do so on a test instance of DSM.

"For brave guys only". ENJOY!

If my Synology Assistant has MAC as 64:00:6A:96:C3:07 do i put 64006A96C307? just dont want to mess it up :<

nope you're way off. I would spend a couple of hours of reading before doing anything. seems like you're new and its better to understand what your doing vs not knowing what your doing and breaking your system or not achieving anything.

If my Synology Assistant has MAC as 64:00:6A:96:C3:07 do i put 64006A96C307?

Simply: "Yes" if you meant to change the grub.cfg

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I was referring to the grub file. The other person said No, and you say yes, I don't know whats right now D:

I know I can generate a new SN and MAC from a website, but I am not sure if that would allow me to upgrade my existing setup without overwriting everything. I am trying to use the same Mac and SN as my 5.2 setup

If my Synology Assistant has MAC as 64:00:6A:96:C3:07 do i put 64006A96C307?

Simply: "Yes" if you meant to change the grub.cfg

Thanks for the response!

Yes, I was referring to the grub file. The other person said No, and you say yes, I don't know whats right now D:

I know I can generate a new SN and MAC from a website, but I am not sure if that would allow me to upgrade my existing setup without overwriting everything. I am trying to use the same Mac and SN as my 5.2 setup

Use the same. No problem at all.

Look at the grub.cfg file for how the MAC address is formated.

By the looks of your question you don't seem to have read the tutorial. Do so before you do anything.

please, can you give a clear answer to us what the correct format for Mac address in grub.cfg is ... please.

This: 64:00:6A:96:C3:07 or this: 64006A96C307

And second question, how can I find a tool/website for create a "real" Synology MAC and SN?

No need for the colon.

I answered to the previous user already indicating him to read the tutorial. If you read the tutorial it's all there and clear. What's in the tutorial is accurate. What's in the grub file is accurate. Just follow the steps like 100's of people have already and you will be fine. Not sure why you need me to repeat myself.

I do not promote the rape of Synology. Use the SN of the grub file and the MAC address of your NIC.

Edited by Guest

Sorry for being noob, I just installed new USB stick with latest Jun Loader to upgrade to 6.1. When I boot with new bootlader stick NAS tells me that I need to upgrade.

Do I have to boot my nas with previous Jun's 1.01 boot loader, do the upgrade straight from nas GUI to latest 6.1 and after that reboot the nas but now with new 1.02a USB stick?

Personally I think this is the way but I would just like to ask if this approach is correct.

Thanks.