XPEnology Community

Tutorial: Install/Migrate DSM 5.2 to 6.0.2 (Jun's loader)

Polanskiman

Good afternoon, after doing the installation / migration and restarting I can not find the NAS.

Can this be by NIC drivers? Which I read in the manual.

Can it be solved?

After more than 20 min I already see the NAS.

I tried the update 4 but it does not install it says that the package is corrupt

Login is much slower.

The rest seems fine

A greeting.

Are you on a HP54NL? Some people have had a similar issues. Using Arcaos

Loader solved the problem. Please try and revert.

Good afternoon, it's a DELL OptiPlex 745 PC. And I'm using Jun's official v.1.01 loader

What loader do you tell me that solves the problem?

Thank you very much

Good afternoon, after doing the installation / migration and restarting I can not find the NAS.

Can this be by NIC drivers? Which I read in the manual.

Can it be solved?

After more than 20 min I already see the NAS.

I tried the update 4 but it does not install it says that the package is corrupt

Login is much slower.

The rest seems fine

A greeting.

Are you on a HP54NL? Some people have had a similar issues. Using Arcaos

Loader solved the problem. Please try and revert.

Good afternoon, it's a DELL OptiPlex 745 PC. And I'm using Jun's official v.1.01 loader

What loader do you tell me that solves the problem?

Thank you very much

It solved the problem for that user although I am not 100% convinced that it might work for your or that it is actually the solution but you can try. The loader I am talking about is a deprecated loader which was done by Jun but repackaged by Arcao with some drivers.

You can find it here >>> https://mega.nz/#!PRIECYqJ!24VjNAOTozWo ... tvlizTDFDU

Please revert after you try so the community can benefit from it.

Edited by Guest

Hy, at first I want to say thank you to all who are involved to get a working loader and a guide which makes it possible to install the loader.

For me nearly everything works fine except two things:

After installing DSM where I was asked the first time to create a user account and password I used a password with letters and numbers.

Then comes an error message like “It was not possible to change the admin password” and I was not able to access DMS anymore.

My account wasn´t created and the default user “admin” was disabled. So I had no chance to log in.

After cleaning the HDD´s and a new installation I used a password only with letters. This worked fine.

Now I was able to create user accounts, activate root access, and I changed the password to a password with letters, numbers and special characters.

The second thing is that I have a Promise Supertrak EX8760T SAS/S-ATA Raid controller in an ASUS P8H77 mainboard which doesn´t work with the actual loader.

With XPEnoboot 5.2-5967.1 the controller was working fine.

Is there any chance to include the drivers into the actual / next loader?

Thanks to all.

It is technically possible to include drivers/modules to the loader but it's not a guarantee that it will work. First things first though. The drivers need to be compiled against DSM 6 source code. It is best done by those who have the actual hardware as you can immediately test if the compiled modules are loaded and work properly.

So just a question do I need to select the AMD option each time my xpenology boots or do I just need to do that the first time for the install?

And my disk where on IDE what happens if I change it to AHCI? Data wipe?

When you select AMD the fist time it will remember your selection and consequently boot with the AMD entry line each time.

You need to change your BIOS to AHCI else it will not work. No data wipe expected.

So just a question do I need to select the AMD option each time my xpenology boots or do I just need to do that the first time for the install?

And my disk where on IDE what happens if I change it to AHCI? Data wipe?

When you select AMD the fist time it will remember your selection and consequently boot with the AMD entry line each time.

You need to change your BIOS to AHCI else it will not work. No data wipe expected.

Oke thanks everything worked out so far except that PhP 5.6 doesn't run anymore but will do some log digging later.

edit: updated to update 4 and it works again.

Has anyone got entware working? I had optware installed on DSM 5.2 and according to the entware-ng tutorial you need to do rm -rf /opt and then symlink it with the new /opt folder in entware-ng but it keeps saying it cannot remove /opt/ device or resource busy

edit2: nvm /opt was still mounted fixed it.

I have NVIDIA nForce LAN (ASRock ION 330) and RTL8188SU 802.11n WLAN Adapter - Realtek. After boot from USB Loader I see http://i.imgur.com/3IVfKcu.jpg but I can't discover my NAS. Is LAN missing drivers?

As far as I am aware WLAN adapters modules are not part of the modules included in the loader. They are definatly not part of Synology's modules as Synology does not have WLAN adapters in their machines. You would need to compile the modules for the adapter. As for the nForce LAN I think it's the same. You can try compiling the drivers or ask in the main thread for them to be included in a future release.

The OP has a list of currently available drivers included in the loader.

No HD Found during install

LSI / 3Ware SUPERMICRO (9690SA-8I) 8 Port SAS SATA 3Gb/s PCIe RAID Controller

Maybe no drivers?

*Edit*

Migrating from SHR1 would that cause a problem?

I think your card doesn't have its drivers included in the loader. Look at the OP for available drivers in the loader.

Damn!.......... any idea if we could request?

No HD Found during install

LSI / 3Ware SUPERMICRO (9690SA-8I) 8 Port SAS SATA 3Gb/s PCIe RAID Controller

Maybe no drivers?

*Edit*

Migrating from SHR1 would that cause a problem?

I think your card doesn't have its drivers included in the loader. Look at the OP for available drivers in the loader.

I have setup on bare metal , a fresh DSM 6 on my supermicro X8SIL motherboard. Everything is fine except that I can never see anything on the screen via the vga connection.

I did enable the serial port on the motherboard through the bios.

Is there anything else I need to do to be able to see the grub screen?

much thanks for this really helpful tutorial

I have setup on bare metal , a fresh DSM 6 on my supermicro X8SIL motherboard. Everything is fine except that I can never see anything on the screen via the vga connection.

What does "anything" meaning. Being more specific would help figuring out what your situation is. This said if what I understand is correct, a read of the OP should answer your question. Let me know if it doesn't.

So I just upgraded my DSM 5 to 6 (using USB to load Jun 1.01 loader), but am running to serious issue.

After restart my SHR1 raid (8 drives total) says crashed. There are 2 drives that are mounted as external devices (which I believe is why it says crashed), I am just afraid I will lose all my data if I don't get this fixed.

I tried to attach picture but doesn't let me.

I would really appreciates anyone who can help be fix this so I can backup my data.

Please help! :sad::sad::cry:

What does "anything" meaning. Being more specific would help figuring out what your situation is. This said if what I understand is correct, a read of the OP should answer your question. Let me know if it doesn't.

Hi,

"anything" means all see on the screen in a blank, black screen. No grub menu.Not even an error message.

So I just upgraded my DSM 5 to 6 (using USB to load Jun 1.01 loader), but am running to serious issue.

After restart my SHR1 raid (8 drives total) says crashed. There are 2 drives that are mounted as external devices (which I believe is why it says crashed), I am just afraid I will lose all my data if I don't get this fixed.

I would really appreciates anyone who can help be fix this so I can backup my data.

I guess you modified synoinfo.conf to use esata ports as sata ports? In that case, you can have to do that edits again to get all dicks together again.

I have not played with DSM 6 at all yet, but I seem to recall a posting that indicated you have to modify a syno conf file to enable shr on DSM6. It was either this thread or the main 6.0.2 thread. Search the forum.

I want to start executing the tutorial however, i currently dont own any old 4gb drives. Got some 2gb and some brandnew usb 3.0 32gb. I dont wanne use the new usb3 drives for it but will the 2gb drives work? The files dont seem to be larger, but the tutorial says 4gb.

4Gb is just a common size so I used that as a reference in the tutorial but really any size will do. I tried with a 128Mb flash drive and it works. The only caveat is that it's slower to read and write.

Ah oke Thanks, will use a 2gb then. What MAC addresses do you use from the Gen 8 server? The two MACS of the NICs of the one from ILO as well? And where to look this up?

I believe the current MACS and S/N were made up my some kind of tool. To let quickconnect work on dsm 5.2. (never worked for me though :wink:)