XPEnology Community

Activate push service DSM6.1.2

miicker

I wanted to activate push service, so I receive push notifications on my phone. I always used it on my old DS216Play, and wanted to use it again on my XPenology setup. When I try to activate the push service I get an error like:
"Could net send the information from the DiskStation to the Synology Push Service Server" (I don't know the exact error in English, because it is showed to me in Dutch.

Thanks in advance!

The push service is an abuse of Synology's services and shouldn't be used. Use email instead. If you really want notifications on your phone you can also make a small script in python that receives the email and forwards it to your phone using Pushover or similar.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miicker said:

I get an error like:
"Could net send the information from the DiskStation to the Synology Push Service Server" (I don't know the exact error in English, because it is showed to me in Dutch.

Thanks in advance!

You need to use a real pair serial number / MAC for your xpenology server. Only in this way work Push-notifications.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miicker said:

Alright, so I would need a valid serial and MAC, but that is a violation of the terms of Synology's DSM if I understand correctly. So it's also not allowed over here to ask how I can get a valid pair for DS3617xs, or is it?

That is correct. Same goes for the use of QuickConnect, and hacked Surveillance Station. Just so that I am thorough, using these loaders is one thing as it doesn't involve modification of any binaries, yet we are in a grey area. Cracking Synology proprietary software and abusing Synology's servers (QuickConnect or push services) is yet another step and that is something that XPEnology Devs do not support nor do I.

That is correct. Same goes for the use of QuickConnect, and hacked Surveillance Station. Just so that I am thorough, using these loaders is one thing as it doesn't involve modification of any binaries, yet we are in a grey area. Cracking Synology proprietary software and abusing Synology's servers (QuickConnect or push services) is yet another step and that is something that XPEnology Devs do not support nor do I.

If this becomes a trend and Synology start locking out all their first party applications... Xpenology becomes much less compelling to many people (including myself) :sad:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, filippo333 said:

If this becomes a trend and Synology start locking out all their first party applications... Xpenology becomes much less compelling to many people (including myself) :sad:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don't see anything being locked.

For Quickconnect: use a custom DDNS. 

Surveillance Station. There are other alternatives. Even on a real Synology you need to buy licenses over 2 cams.

Push services. Along with Quickconnect those two have always required a valid pair of SN/MAC.

Nothing new I would say. There is so many other things that one can do with an XPEnology box. If the above is what you need the most then maybe using a real Syno would be the way to go or maybe digging a bit more on google might yield some goodies...

Just now, Polanskiman said:

I don't see anything being locked.

For Quickconnect: use a custom DDNS. 

Surveillance Station. There are other alternatives. Even on a real Synology you need to buy licenses over 2 cams.

Push services. Along with Quickconnect those two have always required a valid pair of SN/MAC.

Nothing new I would say. There is so many other things that one can do with an XPEnology box. If the above is what you need the most then maybe using a real Syno would be the way to go or maybe digging a bit more on google might yield some goodies...

Agreed, I use No-IP and that works a treat! I don't know much about Surveillance station, but I guess that's okay if you need to buy licenses for it.

Also I had a real Synology for a day or too (DS1515+) and it was just way too underpowered to do my Plex 1080p video transcoding; so I have no choice other than to stick with my i3 6100 system personally. Don't feel like shelling out close to £2500 for a NAS ;)

Maybe something is changed lately, but few months ago, when synology released dsm 6.1.1 i could use push notification w/o problems and i didnt need sn/mac other than used in xpeno loader. My setup was on esxi 6.02, and notifications received on android phone. I did nothing more than turn it on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 juin 2017 at 2:07 PM, Polanskiman said:

It all boils to the same matter. A valid pair SN/MAC.

Since what version ?

In 6.0.2, i could enable Push notifications, with a serial from generator, and any MAC.
Now it's not possible..

Sinology change something ?

Edited by ordimans

Fair enough, I have 2 IP cameras and want to setup surveillance station on my current XPEno. How can I buy the licenses from Synology? Do you think it will work?

If it's not allowed to talk here, pls PM me where people talking about  surveillance station setup on XPEnology. Thanks.

11 hours ago, Elpee said:

Fair enough, I have 2 IP cameras and want to setup surveillance station on my current XPEno. How can I buy the licenses from Synology? Do you think it will work?

If it's not allowed to talk here, pls PM me where people talking about  surveillance station setup on XPEnology. Thanks.

This is off topic. Also that question has been asked in the forum several times. Search the forum please.