XPEnology Community

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 - DSM 6.1 on Baremetal

tabajdi

First I have updated to 6.1.1-15101 on Jun's 1.02a (which is working without any problem), but when I installed 6.1.2-15132, the process finished in recovery loop. I had the same result with Jun's  v1.02a2 and v1.02b. 

I suggest using Jun's 1.02a on Gen8 Baremetal, and do not update to the latest version. 

Edited by tabajdi

• 4 weeks later...
it wil be great if someone would make a step by step tutorial for Gen8 DSM 6.1 

I used Jun's loader v1.02a and installd DSM 6.1-15101. After a reboot I updated to the 15132. After this stage you have to boot in with a live linux (Ubuntu) and follow polanskis tutorial about "How to access DSM's Data & System partitions" and copy /lib/modules/update to /lib/modules. After a reboot everything will work.

I haven't updated to 15152 yet, so I don't know if it would work with the latest DSM, but 15132 is working without any problems.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm a newbie and I'm going to do a clean install on a bare metal HP Gen8. For wich DSM Version should I go (and wich bootloader version) to keep the installation process as simple as possible (step-by-step tutorial?).

THX

Edited by CharlieB

16 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Hi! I'm a newbie and I'm going to do a clean install on a bare metal HP Gen8. For wich DSM Version should I go (and wich bootloader version) to keep the installation process as simple as possible (step-by-step tutorial?).

THX

Hi!

Use Jun's loader v1.02b + the latest DSM
Just look at this video for a tutorial:

Edited by tabajdi
  • Like 2

Wow, thanks! Looks quite simple, I even do not have to download a specific dsm version ... I can use the latest one from synology, thats nice. Thanks a lot! Also nice video!

4 hours ago, tabajdi said:

Hi!

Use Jun's loader v1.02b + the latest DSM
Just look at this video for a tutorial:

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 10:52 PM, JohnnyR said:

I try to install using  Jun's loader v1.02b, but I cannot go further than the first step! Apparently the system doens't recognize the disks! I've already choose the SATA AHCI option on the BIOS! Can you please help?

Regards

I haven't made any changing in the BIOS. Check on the HP's website if your disks are supported by the server.

• 2 weeks later...

I have expierenced the following problems (so far) with Update 6:

• I'm unable to change the DSM interface ports away from 5000 / 5001 - the were different before the update but now I cant change them
  • I can only access the DSM on port 5000 (without https) trying https:// on port 5001 does not work - nothing responds
  • Photo station no longer works, even after uninstall/reinstall I'm unable to access it (it simply opens DSM when clicking the icon)
  • The Synology search tool detects the server but clicking connect inside the tool opens the browser on the ports I used to use (8080) even though the web interface now only responds on port 5000 and I can not change the port.

Anyone else seeing something like this?