XPEnology Community

Migrating backup from Xpenology to real Synology

filippo333

Hello all,

I finally decided to bite the bullet and ordered a Synology DS1515+ which should be here on Monday :grin:

I'm pretty sure I should be able to import my Hyperbackup to a Synology box, I've tested this works inside a VM though obviously still using Xpenology/Jun's loader. Does anyone see any issues with importing data exported from an Xpenology system?

Thanks.

I did the same recently, I put a disk from Xpenology to ds214 and upon its boot up it said something like "I need to reinstall", I agreed, and the reinstall succeeded. I restored the settings, however not everything came back to the original state, e.g. shares ACL. However all shares were present on DSM and data were untouched.

• Like 1

I did the same recently, I put a disk from Xpenology to ds214 and upon its boot up it said something like "I need to reinstall", I agreed, and the reinstall succeeded. I restored the settings, however not everything came back to the original state, e.g. shares ACL. However all shares were present on DSM and data were untouched.

Yeah I saw your post, my thinking was by exporting the data the chances of it being accepted by a new system should be a lot higher.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Make sure you backup your data before you migrate. You should be able to backup your XPE config and import that (but it may be hardware dependent, and if you choose 'migrate keep my settings' or 'clean install'. Also, update the DS1515 to the same base version of DSM as you have on XPE, just to avoid too may variables. 

Make sure you backup your data before you migrate. You should be able to backup your XPE config and import that (but it may be hardware dependent, and if you choose 'migrate keep my settings' or 'clean install'. Also, update the DS1515 to the same base version of DSM as you have on XPE, just to avoid too may variables. 

So it worked, I migrated the data not the settings just to be safe. Bad news is I think I'm going to have to return it as CPU performance is not as advertised :sad:

I guess if you really want decent Plex transcoding then stick to a PC.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk