princerock

Is DSM checking SN for video conversion?

Recommended Posts

Только что, stc4672544 сказал:

use 3617xs version with loader 1.02b 

 

for test, try to use 916+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stc4672544 said:

use 3617xs version with loader 1.02b 

Tried 916 +, but for the soft solution with the hard solution is still not feasible, should still have SN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kclonline said:

Tried 916 +, but for the soft solution with the hard solution is still not feasible, should still have SN?

I  didn`t tryied 916+ but find a vaild sn for 3617xs and it wokrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stc4672544 said:

I  didn`t tryied 916+ but find a vaild sn for 3617xs and it wokrs.

Hi, can you tell me how to find a valid SN use? I just want the soft code normal, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kclonline said:

Hi, can you tell me how to find a valid SN use? I just want the soft code normal, thanks

sorry, I got the sn from a  real 3617xs....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that if you have a real sn the codec transcodification works fine!

codec.png

Edited by jarugut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A valid SN is required but it's not required to have a valid MAC that match the SN... I'm on DSM 6.1 with the 3615 image.

To find a valid SN , you have to create an account and try some real SN and randomly change the last 3 numbers. There's a post explaining how to do it.

 

Next step: I'll try the 916 image but my NIC is not recognize with the 6.1 bootloader... I'll have to wait till the driver are made for the new bootloader...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This still failed for DS photo. Do you really need just a serial or do you need a mac too?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!

 

I reinstall my xpeno in the last days, but after the new installation with the most recent loader for 6.1.3 the photo station cant convert some videos

 

Here is the error System failed to convert video [/volume1/photo/Folder/VID_20140215_221643584.mp4] to mpeg4.

 

Can anybody helpme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same issue. It's a serial/Mac issue that I have not been able to solve yet.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bglf83 said:

I have the same issue. It's a serial/Mac issue that I have not been able to solve yet.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
 

 

What you do to try to solve it?

 

i use a mac/sn valid but nothing :/ in some pages i read in somewhere is a new mac/sn generator, i search for few minutes but nothing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the other serial generator and still have the same issue. I am not sure how to solve, I am still working on it slowly.

For me this only impacts ds photo videos so it's not killing me. I am going to solve it though.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem that the problem is caused by serial number or other check implemented by Synology, either in DSM or in Photo Station. My xPenology DS3615xs tells me 'Cannot display or playback this format, or the file is currently being converted.'

However, I have mounted my 'Photo' folder on my authentic DS1513+ Synology box, as a CIFS shared folder on my DS3615xs. Now, when I copy the relevant file from the Photo folder on my DS1513+ (Synology box) to the relevant Photo folder on my xPenology DS3615xs, and then run Photo Station on the xDS3615xs, the video will now play correctly. 

In my case I have my DS1513+ on ports http/https (5002/5003) and my xDS3615xs on ports http/https (5000/5001) and can access both via the Net.  Of course, Quick Connect can only be set up on the authentic DS1513+.

It's about time Synology started allowing people to buy a Synology license to run on 3rd party boxes.  Then they (Synology) wouldn't have to waste resources finding new ways to cripple their software when we try and adapt it to home built (non-Synology) platforms.  If Synology were to devote that energy to improving their platforms instead, DSM would improve faster and Synology would get revenue from the myriad xPenology users who would be happy to pay for a license for their 3rd party boxes, until such time as they decided to purchase a real Synology device because of the increasing capabilities and capacity of the newer Synology systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks but I can confirm once you find a valid serial, the issue is resolved.

I am not sure if any of the generators actually work anymore.

Maybe try using Plex? I use that for videos and such. I only use DS Photo for syno apps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rhubarb said:

...

It's about time Synology started allowing people to buy a Synology license to run on 3rd party boxes.  Then they (Synology) wouldn't have to waste resources finding new ways to cripple their software when we try and adapt it to home built (non-Synology) platforms.  If Synology were to devote that energy to improving their platforms instead, DSM would improve faster and Synology would get revenue from the myriad xPenology users who would be happy to pay for a license for their 3rd party boxes, until such time as they decided to purchase a real Synology device because of the increasing capabilities and capacity of the newer Synology systems.

No way. Most money Synology get is from the boxes (hardware) they sell, if you know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be willing to pay $200 for a perpetual license. $100 for upgrades if you already had a license.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only serial , but it must be a valid one (in your synology account , when you register a new device)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nemesis122 said:

hi 

is this only happen dsm6.xxx or also with dsm 5.xxx?

thank you for your feedback.

 

 

Yes, DSM 5.x does not have this issue. I have a valid mac and serial and for me it works fine on DSM 6.0 as well.

Just buy a real box and use it's serial and use that as a "license" to use XPenology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.