XPEnology Community

Is DSM checking SN for video conversion?

Yes, DSM 5.x does not have this issue. I have a valid mac and serial and for me it works fine on DSM 6.0 as well.
Just buy a real box and use it's serial and use that as a "license" to use XPenology.
Can it be any real box or must it be a 3615?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, NeoID said:

Not sure, only tried with a real 3615. :smile:

Well I applied with my DS1513+ S/N to my xpenology DS3615xs emulation box.  Now no problem with uploaded videos.  Problem, solved.  All you need is a genuine Synology S/N.

Unfortunately, I'm still running my xpenology box as a DS3615xs and not a DS3617xs (preferred configuration), because there is no available Sonarr packages for the DS3617xs (xeon processor) yet.

Edited by Rhubarb
  • Like 1

On 17.7.2017 at 6:35 PM, jarugut said:

I can confirm that if you have a real sn the codec transcodification works fine!

codec.png

uhhh....

Haldi@NAS:~$ cat /usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf
{"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc"],"token":"c***********d                d**************c"}

Shouldn't that mean H265 stuff should be encoded into h264 if i watch a video over DLNA ?

Hello to all,

excuse English but use google translate =)

I installed Xpenology (DS3615xs) DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4 on ESXI 6.5 with Loader 1.02a2.

I always get the error "System failed to convert video [/volume1/photo/.....59272.mp4] to mpeg4."

I modified the serial with the generator https://xpenology.github.io/serial_generator/serial_generator.html The situation does not change.

I wanted to try updating to the last 1.02b loader, but I do not know how to do it because there is only the iso or img file.

Some advice?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Only SN? Does Xpenology work without matching MAC? I thought a paired MAC-SN was needed to run it.

DSM works fine without any of the two but some proprietary apps/features will be impaired/disfuntional either without a valid SN or without a paired SN/MAC (Quickconnect and push notifications being the two most significant ones). Paired SN/MAC generators are not being promoted in this forum (announcement) due to their abusive nature. Impaired/disfunctional apps/features can very easily be bypassed/ignored by using third party apps/features (i.e Plex for media, Custom DDNS as replacement of Quickconnect).

7 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

DSM works fine without any of the two but some proprietary apps/features will be impaired/disfuntional either without a valid SN or without a paired SN/MAC (Quickconnect and push notifications being the two most significant ones). Paired SN/MAC generators are not being promoted in this forum (announcement) due to their abusive nature. Impaired/disfunctional apps/features can very easily be bypassed/ignored by using third party apps/features (i.e Plex for media, Custom DDNS as replacement of Quickconnect).

I knew about propietary apps/features and SN/MAC generators rules. I don't use them.  But I thought paired SN/MAC was needed for running XPEnology itself. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Eduardo said:

I knew about propietary apps/features and SN/MAC generators rules. I don't use them.  But I thought paired SN/MAC was needed for running XPEnology itself. Thanks for the info.

No it's not necessary. Never has been in fact. It has only been used for one thing and one thing only: the use of Quickconnect.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23.8.2017 at 6:14 PM, haldi said:

uhhh....

{"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_dec","h264_enc"],"token":"c***********d                d**************c"}

Shouldn't that mean H265 stuff should be encoded into h264 if i watch a video over DLNA ?

Small Update... switched from Celeron G1610T to a Xeon 1265L Sandybridge with iGPU

{"success":true,"activated_codec":["h264_enc","h264_dec","mpeg4part2_dec","vc1_dec","vc1_enc","aac_dec","aac_enc"],"token":"4*******c"}

• 3 weeks later...
On 23.8.2017 at 6:14 PM, haldi said:

uhhh....

@haldi

which Image do you currently use ?

ds916+ / 3617xs / 3615xs ? 

So you are saying that Hardware transcode works, using video station right ? Did you ever tried plex with that ? 

Iam currently try to build my box as a plex station with support for hardware transcode of plex. 

I‘m using a Intel Xeon 1245 v6. 

• 3 weeks later...