XPEnology Community

Bootloader DSM 6.1.1-15101 Availability

cmpugay

Question

Hi

I'm new to Xpenology and Synology technologies.

I'm planning to have my own DIY NAS using Xpenology and Synology DSM.

My friend who is using Synology suggested me about your forum and site.

Would like to know when Bootloader DSM 6.1.1-15101 will be available for installation.

3 answers to this question

in general jun loader 1.02a and 1.02a2 are working with 6.1.1 (best as fresh install), 6.1 and 6.1.1 use the same kernel, 6.1.1 uses a differently modyfied kernel then 6.1 (new build number 15047 vs. 15101) so there are some differences in some drivers/kernel modules and if they are compiled with the old source (15047 is availible) they will not work with 15101, but thats only a few, most people seem to use 6.1.1 without problems (i do, 1.02a, ds3615xs 6.1.1 u4)

Thanks.

Apart from the bootloader, from where I can download Latest 6.1.1 Synology DSM and Assistance.

Shall I download it from Synology site or it is available at Xpenology forums.

All original software (DSM and S. Assistant) needs to be downloaded from Synology's website. Here in the forum you will only find the boot loader.

Look at my signature. You will see the tutorial describing all the process and needed tools/downloads. I recommend you stay on DSM 6.0.2 update 11 for now.