screege

synology samba security is there a fix for xpenology users?

Question

Hi I have about 10 baremetal nas running dsm with juns bootloader and DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11, I have read synology updated to DSM 6.1 (6.1.1-15101-04) to address the samba issue which causes worms like wanacry encrypt everything, I was wondering if there is a way to just pach the samba server in the synology nas which are running 6.0.2 and address this issue or what do you guys recommend to protect those servers?

Regards

4 answers to this question

I believe Synology have released a patch for DSM 6.0.3-8754-1 which resolves the issue, however as a workaround you can add the following line to your Samba configuration file smb.conf:

nt pipe support = no

see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33179 for original thread.

Thanks a lot as far as I know that v 6.0.3 will not load on currents juns mod, also could you pelase tell me where is the samab file located?

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for the form im posting in here. Those 2 images are part of synology mail from mailing list about WannaCry, which was sent as images not plain text. Generally is said that WannaCry targets only windows systems, so DSM users are safe.

uSY7QjN

QqR6fTS

Still samba issue persists I will patch every server with the commands and samba conf located at /etc/samba

Regards