XPEnology Community

[REQ] Install on HP Proliant DL380 G5

brimur

As a pet project I wanted to see if I could get this working on a HP Proliant DL380 G5 with a 12 x disk MSA20 disk shelf attached. The software boots and it gets as far as the Diskstation: login prompt but Synology Assistant does not pick it up. I'm guessing either a Synology MAC address is not being set or it does not have the driver for the ethernet card. Has anyone else tried with a similar model and had success:?:

Attempted to use the following images booted from a usb key...

synoboot-trantor-1.2a_beta1a.img

synoboot-trantor-4.2-3211-v1.2.img

SynoBoot_3612xs_4.1++.img

Server disks attached to HP Smart Array P400 and 12 x disk MSA20 disk shelf attached to HP Smart Array 6400

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get this to work? I have some DL380 G5/G6's I would like to see if they would work. They are in a datacenter about 2 hours from my home. So before I go get them to test would be interested in knowing if it would even work work or not.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I try this version but it don't work too.

My Raid Card is an HP Smart Array P400.

Is it possible to make a version with the drivers of this card ? (I don't know wich version of driver is necessary. Here is the drivers download page : http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?cc=uk&cc=uk〈=en〈=en&sp4ts.oid=1157689&ac.admitted=1393354396429.876444892.199480143).

Thanks for your help.

Djliv2004

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the p400 is that it can't be configured to act as a dumb HBA controller, it has to be used as a raid card. This means that DSM won't see disk health / status or be able to do its own RAID across the disks. Might be worth looking at replacing the controller with a supported sas / sata HBA card.