XPEnology Community

Why can i not see 2 Xpenology servers at the same time??

guldhammer

Question

11 answers to this question

What loader are you using? I will assume you are using Jun's loader v1.01 with DSM 6.0.2.

Did you edit the MAC address in the grub.cfg file in both usb keys? If you didn't then both machines are being assigned the same IP address by the DHCP server of your router because both machine are broadcasting the same MAC address. This creates a conflict in your router. Simply edit the MAC addresses in the grub.cfg file with the real MAC addresses of each NIC.

I am using DS3615xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod V1.01

shure you do, but your probleme is both usb sticks use the same configuration and after booting up both network cards will habe the same hardware address (mac) and that a no go in a network, any device can't distinguisch between the to xpenology boxes, you should at least modyfy one or better put the real mac of every hardware in the right place

how to change the mac see this https://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22100

I set my mac details to 'blank' that way you get the real addresses of the NICs used and it avoids this sort of problem if making multiple boot disks, but of course you still need to edit the Serial number - but thats less important

I do not recommend this. Setting it blank will generate a different MAC address at each boot in my experience.

Is v1.02a (DS3615xs) is for DSM 6.1 - Loader not compatible with Synology Dsm 6.1.1??

I have made a fresh installation, and now i get this message "can be restored"

It seems that the latest Dsm for v1.02a is Dsm 6.0.2-8451

1.02a is working with 6.1.1 (i'm shure as my bare matal uses this, fresh install of 6.1.1 with 1.02a 3615xs)

6.1 and 6.1.1 use the same kernel with (slightly) different patches from synology, 1.02a was originaly released for 6.1 and is working for most people with 6.1.1, but there are some problems with additional drivers (i tryed to compile additional drivers and some were not working as they showed unknown symbols on loading, reason seems to be the kernel changes synology made from 6.1 to 6.1.1 aka rev. 15047->15101)

6.0.2 is laoder 1.01 (as 6.0.2 and 6.1 use a different linux kernels)

Is v1.02a (DS3615xs) is for DSM 6.1 - Loader not compatible with Synology Dsm 6.1.1??

1.02a is working with 6.1.1 (i'm shure as my bare matal uses this, fresh install of 6.1.1 with 1.02a 3615xs)

6.1 and 6.1.1 use the same kernel with (slightly) different patches from synology, 1.02a was originaly released for 6.1 and is working for most people with 6.1.1, but there are some problems with additional drivers (i tryed to compile additional drivers and some were not working as they showed unknown symbols on loading, reason seems to be the kernel changes synology made from 6.1 to 6.1.1 aka rev. 15047->15101)

6.0.2 is laoder 1.01 (as 6.0.2 and 6.1 use a different linux kernels)

Has the 1.02 loader it's own installationsfile, or should i download Dsm 6.1 from synology??

Has your initial problem been resolved? What you are asking here has nothing to do with the OP. Please stick to topic. The answer to this question can be found pretty easily in the forum.

I set my mac details to 'blank' that way you get the real addresses of the NICs used and it avoids this sort of problem if making multiple boot disks, but of course you still need to edit the Serial number - but thats less important

I do not recommend this. Setting it blank will generate a different MAC address at each boot in my experience.

Hi Polanskiman - thanks for that advice, it hasn't happened on my setup so far, after several reboots - I guess the 'right' thing to do will be put the native mac addresses in the config

Hi Polanskiman - thanks for that advice, it hasn't happened on my setup so far, after several reboots - I guess the 'right' thing to do will be put the native mac addresses in the config

Better be safe than sorry.