XPEnology Community

cheap pcie lancard for1.02a (DS3615xs) & Dsm 6.1

solitsnake

Hi,

I just updated my box and now i like to play around with the vitual synology thing

But its seams i need a secound lancard.

I own a j1900 mainboard with only one lanport

So, now i need a working lancard who its compatible with juns loader

Can you telk me a cheap one?

Sorry 4 my bad englich. Written on ny cellphone with to large fingers and also nit my langue

most of the intel/realtek cards are working out of the box

i guess "most" does not fit the whish

intel cards are not cheap (at least not as cheap as realteks, i personaly prefer intel, have seen to much trouble with realteks)

so it will be about a card that runs with the r8169 linux driver (part of jun's loader), thats what can be checked before buying

READ BELOW POST. THIS CARD IS IN TESTING.

Thanks Salah,

With your information I can confirm that this NIC works with DS3617xs_6.1.

https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-PEX24009 ... Card+Black

If a single port NIC will work for you, they don't get much cheaper than the current price on this one. At the time I ordered it was a little over $8.

I also can report that I have two bare metal boxes running DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 with no problems.

ADDENDUM: As a test I formatted a drive and then did a clean install of DS3617xs_15047, then upgraded to 15101. This upgrade did loose communication using this card. So opty is correct in his post below. I used DHCP, if I had assigned a static IP before upgrading it may have worked, I don't know.

The card is still working with a clean install of DS3617xs_15101_4. Read the Amazon reviews, this may be best kept for a test card. I have an Intel card on the way just in-case.

This card was ordered because the Broadcom card I have would not work with 6.1. The Broadcom card worked with 6.0.2, but would not work with 6.1.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Salah,

With your information I can confirm that this NIC works with DS3617xs_6.1.

https://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-PEX24009 ... Card+Black

If a single port NIC will work for you, they don't get much cheaper than the current price on this one.

I also can report that I have two bare metal boxes running DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 4 with no problems.

isn't that the same chipset he already has on that motherboard?

i know that some reported issues with the NIC on j1900 after updating to DSM 6.1.1-15101.

isn't that the same chipset he already has on that motherboard?

I think they are both 8111's. I was under the understanding he was looking for a second LAN card.

i know that some reported issues with the NIC on j1900 after updating to DSM 6.1.1-15101.

That is good to know, if the card I have listed gives any problems I will report back. I have only been running it for less than 24 hrs.

just an update for anyone looking to add a NIC

Asrock Q1900 realtek RTL8111 is not working after updating to DSM 6.1.1-15101. there is an updated drivers by IG-88 which works but for me it was slow.

i always wanted to get a working intel NIC for my setup and after some reading i took the advise of hotshot and others and got me this Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000. works out of the box and FAST.

• 1 month later...

Welp, if you suddenly find yourself in a tough spot and need a nic that works with juns 1.02b dsm 6.1.x... I can confirm that the TP-Link TG-3468 works just fine! One late night emergency run to Frys Electronics later. *cough cough*

Apparently it has a realtek chip on board which is why it works.

Dont know if it matters, but I am using Polanskimans 6.1 ramdisk from here, never tried with the default ramdisk though:

Edited by Moonlight
ramdisk... not loader

On 5.6.2017 at 2:47 AM, opty said:

just an update for anyone looking to add a NIC

Asrock Q1900 realtek RTL8111 is not working after updating to DSM 6.1.1-15101. there is an updated drivers by IG-88 which works but for me it was slow.

i always wanted to get a working intel NIC for my setup and after some reading i took the advise of hotshot and others and got me this Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000. works out of the box and FAST.

maybe this can help with the RTL8111 (1.02b does contain two drivers for this hardware)