Sign in to follow this  
Esmeralda

Can't Login when installing DSM

Hi, I'm totally new with all this.

I tried to install XPEnoboot DS3615xs 5.1-5022.2 on my Virtual Box, but now it's asking for a login? I can't find a login anywhere, I tried "admin" for the username and "admin" for the password.

It loads it all and at the end is says DiskStation login

Please can you guys help me?

(I tried to upload a picture, but it won't upload)

installation process is normally user = admin p/w= blank, you then create an admin user account during the first login/setup process and then the 'admin' account is disabled after install.

I tried it with the password blank, but that also did not work, it's still in the CLI mode (I still can't post a photo),

I did this:

DiskStation login: admin

Password: "blank"

and then I got this again: Login incorrect

When loader ends to load and you see something like: "Diskstation>", then you need to use synology assistant or try to find it from web assistant find.synology.com. My advice is to use synology assistant. Then open in browser http://xpenoIP and go thru initialization process.

make sure you have the correct version of DSM to install from the web interface, it should match the version on your xpe usb. as its an older dsm version you will need to get it from the synology 'archive' under 'all dsm versions' on their download pages