IG-88

Driver extension for jun 1.02a/3615xs

Recommended Posts

Hi @IG-88

 

You included Via-SATA drivers, but many of early via sata/pata chipsets had there drivers in the pata branch. A lot of people with via chipsets like me need the pata driver.

 

So Can pata_via be added to your extra.lzma?

 

I need pata_via as I have 4x drives not seen.

 

THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.7.2017 at 5:41 PM, madhits45 said:

@IG-88

You included Via-SATA drivers, but many of early via sata/pata chipsets had there drivers in the pata branch. A lot of people with via chipsets like me need the pata driver.

 

So Can pata_via be added to your extra.lzma?

 

 

i compiled the module but as the sata_via it does not load on newer 6.1 kernel revisons then the original 15047 (from what we have the kernel source availible)

it might only be used with that version but then you cant update to newer 6.1 versions (kind of pointless as there will be lots of security and other fixes missing)

 

# insmod /lib/modules/update/pata_via.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/pata_via.ko: Unknown symbol in module

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.7.2017 at 5:55 AM, medric said:

can someone help with adding hyper-v synthetic drivers

 

looks like there are some hyper-v drivers in kernel source 3.10.102 like in

drivers/net/hyperv/

i will try to compile it and test if it will load in newer 6.1 versions then 15047

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

 

looks like there are some hyper-v drivers in kernel source 3.10.102 like in


drivers/net/hyperv/

i will try to compile it and test if it will load in newer 6.1 versions then 15047

 

 

i found this list of kernel optins to activate hyper-v

 

CONFIG_HYPERVISOR_GUEST: Processor type and featueres > Linux Guest Support
CONFIG_PARAVIRT: Processor type and features > Linux Guest Support > Enable paravirtualization code
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_SPINLOCKS: Processor type and features > Linux Guest Support > Paravirtualization layer for spinlocks
CONFIG_HYPERV: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V client drivers
CONFIG_HYPERV_UTILS: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V Utilities driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_BALLOON: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V Balloon driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_NET: Device Drivers > Network device support > Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_STORAGE: Device Drivers > SCSI device support > SCSI low-level drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V virtual storage driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_KEYBOARD: Device Drivers > Input device support > Hardware I/O ports > Microsoft Synthetic Keyboard driver
CONFIG_FB_HYPERV: Device Drivers > Graphics support > Frame buffer Devices > Microsoft Hyper-V Synthetic Video support
CONFIG_HID_HYPERV_MOUSE: Device Drivers > HID support > Special HID drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V mouse driver

 

unfortunatly the first three options are no drivers that can be loaded as module they are kernel options, as they will have to be compiled directly into the kernel (provided by jun including the nice tricks to start on non synology hardware) they are not present so having the hypery-v drivers might/will be of no use

 

also in kernel 3.10.102 (synology dsm 6.1) there was so option for "Microsoft Synthetic Keyboard driver"

 

the resultung drivers are like this

 

  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_balloon.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_utils.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_vmbus.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/scsi/hv_storvsc.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hid/hid-hyperv.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/net/hyperv/hv_netvsc.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbfillrect.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbimgblt.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/hyperv_fb.ko

 

but imho are useless atm and beside this i will not try/experiment with hyper-v and xpenology, i use barematal and for testing virtual box, no need for hyper-y from my side (there goes another hour of my time without a useful result)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IG-88 said:

 

i found this list of kernel optins to activate hyper-v

 

CONFIG_HYPERVISOR_GUEST: Processor type and featueres > Linux Guest Support
CONFIG_PARAVIRT: Processor type and features > Linux Guest Support > Enable paravirtualization code
CONFIG_PARAVIRT_SPINLOCKS: Processor type and features > Linux Guest Support > Paravirtualization layer for spinlocks
CONFIG_HYPERV: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V client drivers
CONFIG_HYPERV_UTILS: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V Utilities driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_BALLOON: Device Drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V guest support > Microsoft Hyper-V Balloon driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_NET: Device Drivers > Network device support > Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_STORAGE: Device Drivers > SCSI device support > SCSI low-level drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V virtual storage driver
CONFIG_HYPERV_KEYBOARD: Device Drivers > Input device support > Hardware I/O ports > Microsoft Synthetic Keyboard driver
CONFIG_FB_HYPERV: Device Drivers > Graphics support > Frame buffer Devices > Microsoft Hyper-V Synthetic Video support
CONFIG_HID_HYPERV_MOUSE: Device Drivers > HID support > Special HID drivers > Microsoft Hyper-V mouse driver

 

unfortunatly the first three options are no drivers that can be loaded as module they are kernel options, as they will have to be compiled directly into the kernel (provided by jun including the nice tricks to start on non synology hardware) they are not present so having the hypery-v drivers might/will be of no use

 

also in kernel 3.10.102 (synology dsm 6.1) there was so option for "Microsoft Synthetic Keyboard driver"

 

the resultung drivers are like this

 

  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_balloon.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_utils.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hv/hv_vmbus.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/scsi/hv_storvsc.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/hid/hid-hyperv.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/net/hyperv/hv_netvsc.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbfillrect.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/cfbimgblt.ko
  LD [M]  drivers/video/hyperv_fb.ko

 

but imho are useless atm and beside this i will not try/experiment with hyper-v and xpenology, i use barematal and for testing virtual box, no need for hyper-y from my side (there goes another hour of my time without a useful result)

+1

That is great news we just have to have some let Jun know the importance of hyper-v drivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.