XPEnology Community

Transfer problem only NAS==>PC

thefrenchdexter

Question

Hello there !

First of all, sorry for my poor english ... but i'm french and no one can answer me in the french section ==> http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25378

So, my problem is :

When i tranfer files or folder int his way : PC==>NAS no problem, my speed i about 100 and 120 MO/s (really MO not Mb :smile: ) for big files of course ! :smile:

When i tranfer files or folder int his way NAS==> PC ... the speed is about à 8MO/S, or 10 MO/s in the best case ! :cry:

It's very upsetting : when i want to read a HD movie wich need a good speed, it's not fluent:(

So a little more about my config :

- My NAS is made with a MB Gigabyte EP45-DS3R (6 SATAII ports), a E8400 processor, 8GO of DDR2 ram and 2 x Realtek 8111C for the netwok

- I have 5 HD in RAID SHR

- The NAS have the DSM 6.0.2-8451 installed(but it was the same with DSM 5.2-5967) and XPEnoboot_DS3615 xs 6.0.2 Jun's Mod in a USB 2.0 32GO key

- The ethernet port is in 1000Mbps full duplex.

- The NAS and the PC are connected in the same switch SMC GS16 wich is in 1000 MBps

- The PC is really fast : I7 4770K with 32 GO of memory and a Samsung 850 EVO SSD

So wath is the problem ?! :sad:

Maybe a driver problem ?

If you have an idea ... please help me :wink:

P.S : i've tested transfer with, FTP (Filezilla), windows explorer and Filestation and the result is the same :cry:

P.S 2 : when i remove all the HD and install Win7 (instead of RAID5 + DSM)in a test HD, there is no problem, my speed is good (about 100Mo/s).

P.S 3 : when i remove all the HD and install Xpenology (instead of RAID5 + DSM)in a test HD, the problem is the same, so i think it's a driver problem

9 answers to this question

realtek rtl8111 are not the best choice

https://unixblogger.com/2011/10/18/the-pain-of-an-realtek-rtl8111rtl8168-ethernet-card/

if you have the option (other nic at hand and free slot) try to disable the onboard realtek and use another card for testing (most people prefer intel, prooven to work good and reliable)

i expect the rtl8169.ko driver is used when dsm is running, you might try to change that so the rtl8168.ko driver is used, try to find soemthing here in the forum (search function) on how to do that (i think you are not the first)

realtek rtl8111 are not the bast choice

https://unixblogger.com/2011/10/18/the-pain-of-an-realtek-rtl8111rtl8168-ethernet-card/

if you have the option (other nic at hand and free slot) try to disable the onboard realtek and use another card for testing (most people prefer intel, prooven to work good and reliable)

i expect the rtl8169.ko driver ist used when dsm is running, you might try to change that so the rtl8168.ko driver is used, try to find soemthing here in the forum (search function) on how to do that (i think you are not the first)

I think i will test with an other network card ... but it's very weird because the problem is only in a direction :sad: