XPEnology Community

Hi,

Just upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0.2 using Jun's boot loader. Now I don't see the USB drive automounted as it used to with old bootloader. Does anyone know how to access the files on USB or how can I mount the usb on system ??

The usb boot drive SHOULD not be mounted. It's a boot drive not a storage device. It's hidden to avoid it being edited by user while DSM is running. Should you need to edit the content of the grub.cfg file in the loader then do it on a separate machine or with another OS running. See my signature. I made a tutorial and mention how to mount the image. If you have windows 10 running then simply plugging the usb drive should mount it.

Got it. I understand the need for protection but I keep my NAS in the basement and being able to access the grub.cfg remotely would have been very helpful...

Also I am using an AMD motherboard, I had selected AMD version in the bootloader but after installation it in the info I see INTEL Core i3-4130, is this normal ?

Hi,

Just upgraded from 5.2 to 6.0.2 using Jun's boot loader. Now I don't see the USB drive automounted as it used to with old bootloader. Does anyone know how to access the files on USB or how can I mount the usb on system ??

The usb boot drive SHOULD not be mounted. It's a boot drive not a storage device. It's hidden to avoid it being edited by user while DSM is running. Should you need to edit the content of the grub.cfg file in the loader then do it on a separate machine or with another OS running. See my signature. I made a tutorial and mention how to mount the image. If you have windows 10 running then simply plugging the usb drive should mount it.