XPEnology Community

So there bears the question is it possible to go back to 6.0 from a fubared 6.1 install?. Another poster posted a http://xpenology.com/forum/download/file.php?id=733 which is to downgrade dsm 6.0 to 5.2 but he states it works for 6.1 now can you do a downgrade within ubuntu?. the system doesnt boot and im on juns 1.02 loader so does anyone think its possible to go back ?. hints comments ideas welcome as I see stuff scattered all over the place on this forum. Another interesting idea is polanskiman live method viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30805 which i will try and report back

you can format the (raid) system partition, it's a raid1 over all disks with mdadm

boot from a usb live linux, use mdadm to "assemble" the /dev/md0 and format it with ext4

(data on other raid aprtitions will be untouched and found after install, so harm done, you just loose the configuration und plugins)

its a very clean solution (tryed it myself), no risk of cating any iffy stuff from prevois attempts

after "cleaning" the system partition (raid1) you just plugin usb stick with jun 1.01 and install 6.0.2, you might even restore a backup of you previosly working configuration

https://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30805

you can format the (raid) system partition, it's a raid1 over all disks with mdadm

boot from a usb live linux, use mdadm to "assemble" the /dev/md0 and format it with ext4

(data on other raid aprtitions will be untouched and found after install, so harm done, you just loose the configuration und plugins)

its a very clean solution (tryed it myself), no risk of cating any iffy stuff from prevois attempts

after "cleaning" the system partition (raid1) you just plugin usb stick with jun 1.01 and install 6.0.2, you might even restore a backup of you previosly working configuration

https://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30805

yes thats what im going to try is polanskiman method. so the downgrade script wont work if i access the system drive and place the script there?

the downgrade script might work too, but you also have to assemble the raid1 partitions with mdadm

you can also modify the /etc.defaults/VERSION manualy with a editor of your choice, there is not much the script does, its more important to choose the right numbers

in my case i had a 6.1 15047 and the udpate to 6.1.1 15101 is not possible so i had to clean the system partition /dev/md0 to cleanly install 6.1.1 15101, for downgrade the changing of version numbers might be an option too

in the end by formating with ext4 its 100% sure you will loose the configuration an plugins and start with clean defaults

good news is I now see migrateable the version its running is 6.02 8451. Now I just need to find the right pat files

update found the pat files.. after update 9 the system is bricked.. after applying each update 1 by 1. using juns 6.0 loader hybrid

Edited by Guest