XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Need help mapping drives for DSM 6.0.2

mmedeiro

I now have 2 LSI controllers for 16 ports and then the above onboard sata ports.

as you have now 16 LSI ports you may simply swith off all onbord sata ports and just let the last 2 or 4 lsi ports be esata

0000 0000 0000 1111 1111 1111 = internal

0000 0000 1111 0000 0000 0000 = esata

1111 1111 0000 0000 0000 0000 = usb

satamax=12

4 ports left out for esata (one multilane connector on the lsi card)

as there are cable "multilane to 4xsata" you might be able to use 2 as internal ports and connect 2 to a slot bracket to make them esata

https://www.startech.com/eu/Cables/Drive/SATA/2-Port-SATA-to-eSATA-Plate-Adapter-Female-to-Male~ESATAPLT2M

its a lot of waste but it will surely work - depends on how you plan to extend your box

(someone in the 6.0.2 thead did it this way as he was not willing to invest more time to find out the hard way how to get all sata ports to work - just beat it with the force of hardware and money to spare time an concentrate on the goal to get the system working with the disks at hand)

So, i used the below config but the only drive that is recognized is the 1 plugged into port 1 of the onboard sata controller. Then when i restart the DSM when it reloads it asks to migrate, when i do, i lose the below edits i made.

then you need

Max disks= 32

esataportcfg="0x0"

usbportcfg="0xFF00000000"

internalportcfg="0xFFFFFFFF"

in /etc.default/synoinfo.conf

Yup look like every time i edit the config file and then reset it loses my configuration. It then reinstalls and overwrites the edited config fil wilth the default file. I think I'm about to give up, dont think this MOBO is going to allow me to run xpenology,

The Volume its migrating was a test volume i created on the disk connected to the mobo. I swapped that out for an empty drive and it still looks to migrate that volume. How is that possible?

This happens because you have 2 installations of xpenology at the same time. Just disconnect all drives connected to LSI cards and play with only one drive connected to mobo.

After clear installation to one drive edit /etc.default/synoinfo.conf, reboot and check if all OK at this point.

You shoud see 32 slots on DiskManager.

Do you need any settings from your old xpenology installation? or we can do clean install + save data on your SHR-2 of 9 disks?

Which version did you try? 5.2 or 6? I'm not sure about SHR-2 in DSM 6 or 6.1.

Lets start from the beginning.

Start my Xpenology machine with 1 clean drive installed in port 1 of the onboard ports.

Install DSM via manual option selecting the DSM_DS3615xs_8451 file

when DSM loads edit both files /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf with the below

Max disks= 32

esataportcfg="0x0"

usbportcfg="0xFF00000000"

internalportcfg="0xFFFFFFFF"

and

support_syno_hybrid_raid="yes"

Then reboot.

Disk n the Grey port on the mobo it shows up as the 9th disk, this is before and after I edit the max disks from 12 to 32.

Editing the Esata and USB and then rebooting has been fine. Now i will attempt to edit the internal config which is what asks for a migration.

I think it's a problem with DSM 6 loader. I build a test PC with XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5 and DSM_DS3615xs_5644.pat

Edit /etc.default/synoinfo.conf (only this, not /etc/synoinfo.conf)

and i did not have any problems after reboot.

Please try DSM 5.2. You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... XJ1RjJQWGM

and .pat: https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/ ... s_5644.pat