Time bomb still exist with Jun's Loader v1.02a2 under ESXi

hajuuk

The time bomb is STILL EXIST in Jun's Loader v1.02a2

Running Hardware:

HP Gen8 Microserver

ESXi 6.5

The procedure of re-create the time bomb:

1. Download Jun's Loader v1.02a, exact it and replace the image by v1.02a2

2. Upload all files without .ovf to ESXi, and set up the Virtual Machine.

3. Start the virtual machine and install DSM 6.1.1 (6.1 have tested as well)

4. Keep it running for around 12 hours, then, reboot DSM in top right corner menu

5. Once it finished rebooting, the time bomb will be activated.

Other things I tried:

Set the serial number to a valid one, no use.

Don't reboot the system, after 12 hours some function may not work, such the security panel in Settings

Reboot system after around 4 hours, time bomb not activated.

If needs more information for analysis, please let me know how to pull the log out, I'll try to do so, and upload it.

Finally, appreciate for Jun's work.

[spoiler=Clarification]Original Posted here, for more attraction, I pop it out from the long post, and re-organised some information.

For clarification, the issue occurred under ESXi environment, not bare metal environment.

Platform:

ESXi 6.5 running on:

HP Gen 8 Microserver

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2

Memory: 10 GB (2+8)

Hard Drive: 4GB WD Red

USB Thumb Boot into ESXi 6.5

Due to the Jun's Loader didn't provide vmware file with v1.02a2 release, so I self combined one:

ds3615.vmx - from DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

synoboot.img - from v1.02a2\ds3617xs\synology.img

synoboot.vmdk - from DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

Then, I upload all file listed upon to ESXi Storage.

Create VM by ds3615.vmx and directly boot it on.

For testing propose, I create a 100GB Virtual Hard Disk for this virtual machine, and didn't touch any file in synology.img.

Then, boot the virtual machine, install DSM 6.1.1, skip all the things related Synology services, finally enter the desktop of DSM.

Keep it running for around 4 hours, I reboot it for first time (the reboot option in DSM, not ESXi), everyhing works fine.

Then, keep it running for around 12 hours, I reboot it for second time, then, the time bomb activated.

For the reason I do the reboot:

Previously, I tried to install DSM 6.1 on ESXi with Jun's Loader of DS3615xs and DS3617 v1.02a.

After several hours (I didn't count it before, it could be 12, 24 or 48 hours), simply reboot DSM it will activate the time bomb.

Then, I do the test after 12 hours of Jun's Loader v1.02a2, and it activated indeed.

If there need any files for analysis, please let me know, I will try to extract it and upload it here.

Thanks

The time bomb is STILL EXIST in Jun's Loader v1.02a2

First report of the sort. Are you using a freshly downloaded v1.02a2 with DS3617xs?

Download Jun's Loader v1.02a, exact it and replace the image by v1.02a2

Not entirely sure what you mean by "replace the image" here; which files? In any case, why are you doing this? Simply use v1.02a2 instead of fiddling with the files in the loader and you shouldn't have any "time bomb" issues, in principle!

Thanks for your answer, seems the misunderstanding is caused by I didn't tell you enough detail of my story.

Here is the full story:

I followed this link: https://mega.nz/#F!BtFQ2DgC!JgomNP3X8V9 ... g!5kcjyJ7R

the link is exactly from the first post of this topic.

Then, here is two folder, v1.02a and v1.02a2

There are another subfolder under v1.02a2, named ds916p and ds3617xs.

Under ds3617xs folder, I can find two files, 'synoboot.img' and 'modprobe'.

However, I can't find any file related to vmware environment, such as vmx or ovf.

So, I downloaded the full package of v1.02a, and replaced the 'synology.img' by the file downloaded from v1.02a2.

Then, I got the vmware package of v1.02a2 img, and upload it to my ESXi server and boot it on, install DSM 6.1.1, then, BOMB.

'vmware package' means:

ds3615.ovf - from DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

ds3615.vmx - from DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

synoboot.img - from v1.02a2\ds3617xs\synology.img

synoboot.vmdk - from DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02-alpha.zip

• 5 months later...

So i saw that /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: get corrupted, so after I reinstall DSM I backup the /lib/ folder, now after few hours, especially when I accessed Timeline from Surveillance Camera ( probably that initialize the system check) the .so get corrupted so I copy it from backup and the synocgid is starting.

ash-4.3# /usr/syno/sbin/synocgid -D
/usr/syno/sbin/synocgid: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header

I attached the libsynoshare.so.6 and /lib/ folder if you need it - https://mega.nz/#!BmRHWAwb!cx1Ni4Kytkgsgudx35pp3OmkWhkRhZ6K0rth2i049AU

libsynoshare.so.6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2017 at 12:37 AM, Centos said:

So i saw that /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: get corrupted, so after I reinstall DSM I backup the /lib/ folder, now after few hours, especially when I accessed Timeline from Surveillance Camera ( probably that initialize the system check) the .so get corrupted so I copy it from backup and the synocgid is starting.

ash-4.3# /usr/syno/sbin/synocgid -D
/usr/syno/sbin/synocgid: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libsynoshare.so.6: invalid ELF header

I attached the libsynoshare.so.6 and /lib/ folder if you need it - https://mega.nz/#!BmRHWAwb!cx1Ni4Kytkgsgudx35pp3OmkWhkRhZ6K0rth2i049AU

libsynoshare.so.6

Same here. Appreciate your files-They are very helpful.

I am curious as to whether it is happening for you again?

On 10/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, Centos said:

do you use the default (one camera) or did you extend to user more?

does the system contain a (newer) valid serial number, the older generator produced invalid numbers

you can check by try replaying a aacp stream with audiostation or doing h264/h265 replay/conversion and checking

/usr/syno/etc/codec/activation.conf