XPEnology Community

Just want to share my experiences with the WOL and how I got it to work.

I tested the WOL using the BIA and it works. However, when I initiate the shutdown from the DSM, the WOL doesn't work. So I spent a couple of hours testing.

If you have configure or spoof a mac address different from the BIA, you need to use the spoof address for WOL after you shutdown from the DSM GUI.

If you lost power and come back up. You need to use the BIA for the WOL.

OK. Have fun. Differences in how to get things going between a US$400 motherboard that support IPMI and the $130 one that don't.

WoL is working for me too, since DSM 6.x.x which wasn't previously possible under the old DSM 5.2.x

All you have to do is to make sure you can use WoL with plain old BIOS settings (not turning the unit off via DSM or any other OS). A number of routers support WOL built in or you can have apps on your phones and open port 9 for WOL instructions. Once you have done the necessary steps, you can turn on WOL in DSM and from that point you should be able to wake your unit from anywhere.

WoL is working for me too, since DSM 6.x.x which wasn't previously possible under the old DSM 5.2.x

All you have to do is to make sure you can use WoL with plain old BIOS settings (not turning the unit off via DSM or any other OS). A number of routers support WOL built in or you can have apps on your phones and open port 9 for WOL instructions. Once you have done the necessary steps, you can turn on WOL in DSM and from that point you should be able to wake your unit from anywhere.

In my case the problem is that the motherboard 100% supports WOL and the machine can go into suspension (tested with a live Ubuntu USB stick), but when it comes the DSM turn nothing happens.

I have also tried with three different NIC cards without success (with DSM). :sad:

Open port 9 with on specific server ip?

I have Everything set up MAC on grub.cfg WOL setting is on via settings. tried to click WOL on syno asst. nothing happens