XPEnology Community

DSM 6.0.3-8754

From the "DSM 6.0.2 Loader ( was "A new loader for latest DSM")"-thread:

Re: DSM 6.0.2 Loader ( was "A new loader for latest DSM")

Postby ggoette » 02 May 2017 04:22

Hi there. New update 6.0.3-8754 is here, I installed it on my "test VM" and I after reboot it enters in recovery because "you move your disks to a new DS3615x".... Any ideas? Thanks

So... not safe to install. :smile:

DSM 6.0.3-8754 WILL NOT work with loader v1.01 as this is not some trivial minor update. Although the kernel is the same version (3.10.77) as 6.0.2, the kernel was recompiled by Synology and there has been enough changes in the code for the loader not to work as is. Looking at the logs I can see that some modules in the ramdisk are failing to load which is a clear sign that the kernel includes some changes.

DO NOT UPDATE TO DSM 6.0.3-8754 or you will have a bricked box in a recoverable loop state from which you won't be able to come out. The only way as far I can tell is to either wipe the system partition and then reinstall 6.0.2 or access the system partition through a Live Ubuntu USB key and modify the version file to then be able to reinstall 6.0.2. You can try this with no warranties: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30805

Also, search the forum extensively before attempting anything.

Hi @Polanskiman,

normaly it is working with your and other tutorials.

I use BtrFS as Filesystem and i can mount my Data Partition in Openmediavault and Ubuntu but not my System Partition.

With ext4 in DSM5.2 wasn´t it a problem!

can you help me with a hint?

sorry for my terrible english :grin:

Hi @Polanskiman,

normaly it is working with your and other tutorials.

I use BtrFS as Filesystem and i can mount my Data Partition in Openmediavault and Ubuntu but not my System Partition.

With ext4 in DSM5.2 wasn´t it a problem!

can you help me with a hint?

sorry for my terrible english :grin:

Try this >>> http://gparted.org/liveusb.php

Source: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216&p=94504&hilit=gparted#p94504

thx,

but gparted live cant´t handle BtrFS :sad:

The system partition should be in ext4 not in BTRFS. Only the data partition is in BTRFS.

Not sure why you can't mount the system partition. Read carefully the tutorial. Also read the links I provided below the tutorial.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt try any of this as it will brick your box I will play roulette and try to downgrade but im not even sure if thats going to let me toss 6.02 back on my box. for the millionth time can there be a thread link to all the updates?

after some digging here is a link to all the updates for dsm 5.2 -6.0 https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/ ... date_pack/

Edited by Guest

thanks it does funny how it was made yesterday and before everything was more scattered than a drunk mans vomit. polanskiman is stepping up to the plate and slowly turning this dump forum around +) I basically keep bricking my box because damn updates i went from nothing to update 6 and the box is dead in the water. at times like today im shouting **** synology... wipe format start from zero times 10. It gets annoying after a while so I will keep staying on juns 1.01 loader because that version 2 is a no go!. the network card issues. so i can load dsm 6 but the high cpu spikes makes me want to update to 6.02 update 11. so starting from zero again

thanks it does funny how it was made yesterday and before everything was more scattered than a drunk mans vomit. polanskiman is stepping up to the plate and slowly turning this dump forum around +) I basically keep bricking my box because damn updates i went from nothing to update 6 and the box is dead in the water. at times like today im shouting **** synology... wipe format start from zero times 10. It gets annoying after a while so I will keep staying on juns 1.01 loader because that version 2 is a no go!. the network card issues. so i can load dsm 6 but the high cpu spikes makes me want to update to 6.02 update 11. so starting from zero again

Actually I informed you of the creation of such thread yesterday as can be seen below so please stop complaining about it. We "understood" your point and there is no need to continue braging about it.

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20216&start=2870#p101423

Now please stay on topic. This thread is for DSM 6.0.3-8754