XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.1-15101

Salah

For Microserver Gen8 Baremetal i updated from DS3615xs with DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 to DSM 6.1.1-15101 but it didnt work. The reason is, that the network card will not get loaded on startup. the system does only have the lo interface an nothing else.

i helped myself by doing a "force install" [NOT Migrate (you will loose your settings)] with DSM 6.1.1-15101 and afterwards updated to Update 1.

Attention: The system hung after the update to "Uodate 1" and i had to powerreset the system. afterwards ot bootet successfully with update 1 installed.

It work for me too! I update to "Update 2" without issue. All seems to work for now, (even package installation)

Bare metal Microserver Gen8, was on 6.1, thought I'd update to 6.1.1 for laughs.

Did not boot afterwards, no matter; I've got recovering my config down to a fine art these days!

As per my posting just now in http://www.xpenology.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43#p101643 I've done a similar thing on a Gen8, but I lack your experience at recovering from this. :wink: Can you provide any guidance?

On the iron, just updated:

DS3615xs with DSM 6.1-15047 Jun's loader v1.02a - >> updated via .pat file manually, via web muzzle, not automatically. - Norms loaded, but lost the second networked.

DSM 6.1.1-15101 on 3615xs Jun's loader v1.02a - >> through the automatic update of DSM 6.1.1-15101 - Update 2 - I wanted to write everything was lost,

For a running synolgi asistant asked for a password to configure and then gave an error reaching 100 percent, but after a while there was an ip, went in, everything in the field.

Rebooted - again the assistant said to enter the password .. again an error, but again came in normally to the muzzle.

Rebooted with the computer turned off on the computer, launched a ping -

Longer than usual on the sensations rebooted, but loaded norms.

Just now with the second network card is not clear what to do.

As per my posting just now in http://www.xpenology.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43#p101643 I've done a similar thing on a Gen8, but I lack your experience at recovering from this. :wink: Can you provide any guidance?

Copy the directory /volume1/@appstore to someplace else.

Reinstall your apps, but do not start them.

Copy back the original @appstore.

Start the apps.

Everything app-wise should be as it was before the reinstall.

Everything app-wise should be as it was before the reinstall.

Thanks for that, will do. I hate reconfiguring Sonarr, Radarr etc with all the necessary Indexers etc.

In terms of reverting/downgrading to a previous version, is the best method still editing /etc.defaults/VERSION and going from there?

Hp Gen8 (baremetal) upgraded from 6.0.2 U11 to 6.1.1-15101 with Jun's loader 1.02a (DS3615xs) with not many problems, only after upgrading manually with PAT file on first reboot had to connect to serial port and copy modules from /lib/modules/update to /lib/modules and reboot.

After rebooting network and settings working, updated to 6.1.1 U2 from web server.

Only had to install some packages, including File Explorer, everything else in place and working!.

Edited by Guest

Caution !

HP G8 + Jun's Baremetal V 1.02a + DSM 6.1.1-15101-2 to update DSM 6.1.1-15101-4 >>> FAILED <<<

Console screen is on Booting the Kernel ..

But, I do not see any incoming DHCP requests on DHCP server log.

I will instigate later..

Caution !

HP G8 + Jun's Baremetal V 1.02a + DSM 6.1.1-15101-2 to update DSM 6.1.1-15101-4 >>> FAILED <<<

Console screen is on Booting the Kernel ..

But, I do not see any incoming DHCP requests on DHCP server log.

I will instigate later..

With bootloader option "reinstall" got back it working, and update 4 is looks successful, atleast it says so. There were no error log entries in DSM Logs.

However restarting from Synology GUI resulted in same issue, failed to boot completely. Multiple restarts resulting in same behaviour. May be USB Boot Media is corrupt ?