XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.1-15101

Salah

As you have no network you have to connect per serial console. with microserver gen8 you do the following. connect per ssh to the ilo interface. in there type "vsp" and you have a serial console. in there you can log in into dsm and do the copying.

HP Gen8, installed 6.1.1.-15101, but I can't install Synolgy Application Management Service (Synology Anwendungsdienst), so I can't install Calendar, CardDAV-Server and so on.

Any ideas ?

Try enable "any publisher: under

package center>settings>trust level

@hoppler

i know this command, but, for the last update (6.1) i try this, but, i don"t have login prompt on ssh, still only "booting kernel, i forget something? i have to put a command on putty?

i'll plan to update my gen8 this afternoon, i hope someone can expain me before.

thanks

Hi, how do you have copy /lib/modules/update ? in usb key? or after boot?

because i have a gen8, after the boot, i don't have the prompt ! just booting kernel !

help me please!

As you have no network you have to connect per serial console. with microserver gen8 you do the following. connect per ssh to the ilo interface. in there type "vsp" and you have a serial console. in there you can log in into dsm and do the copying.

exactly

@hoppler

i know this command, but, for the last update (6.1) i try this, but, i don"t have login prompt on ssh, still only "booting kernel, i forget something? i have to put a command on putty?

i'll plan to update my gen8 this afternoon, i hope someone can expain me before.

thanks

enter iLo4 bios and enable virtual serial port to com1

HP_ILO_2.png

in grub.cfg find the line set extra_args_3615='' and add between the '' this console=ttyS0,115200n8

than you should ssh to iLo4's ip address and login with your iLo admin account and in the command line type vsp and boot the gen8, you should see the log in the booting process.. once dsm has booted you can login with your synology root account and move those files.

Hello. Newbie here.

I built a xpenology box, baremetal, on a Asus P5QL-E motherboard (Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (L1e)) with compatible hardware.

Installed following guidance from this amazing forum. Had everything working and configured. juns loader 1.02a and DSM 6.1 15047

When i recieved the notification for 6.1.1 i waited for a few days and then i tried the 15101 version.

The NAS seems to work (it autoshutdown just like configured) but the network is gone. Made a force install and migration but everytime the network is gone - the nic leds dont even light up.

Every time i do a force install i can acess http://192.168.1.4:5000/web_index.html.but i have no ssh access.

Any help?

Well, solved it. Instead of migrating i choose the other option: "Clean Install" as i recall. It keeps only files, no configs.

Did all that again, step by step.

Its now working with 6.1.1 15101.. for now, at least...

thanks anyway

Well... now every time i reebot the nas i have to configure the synology assistant manual network for the DSM fixed IP.

in dsm i configured networt to 192.168.1.4 etc.

every time i reboot assistant has in its manual config the ip 192.168.1.5 and no gateway and a strange dns server ip...

any ideas?

fresh install of DSM 6.1.1-15101 on a VM via ESXi 6.0 and an update to DSM 6.1.1 u1 directly from the dsm interface.

Source for install was jun 1.02a ds3615sx and .pat file from synology.

All is working well, for now.

After an almost heart attack! even though we all know is a our risk to update. My Syno is up and running @ DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 1

Baremetal Steps I Did:

1. Reboot it to force install with juns 1.02a

2. Clean install with .pat straight from Synology https://usdl.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.1.1/15101/DSM_DS3615xs_15101.pat

3. Let it do is thing sit tight it will take a while to be visible on syno asst. "this is the part that I freak out since it took longer than issual, Looked at server and hd stat led was blinking so I waited.

4.Once populated on Syno asst go thru initial set up, once done all your shared folders will be intact.

5.OTA to DSM 6.1.1-15101 u1. Install your fav apps hoe this help someone.

df7lvF.jpg

I'm also up and running on 6.1.1-15101

I had 6.1.15047 running using the Jun 1.02a bootloader so I simple used the DSM update menu BUT did a manual install using the pat file from the Synology site and then updating after reboot.

update2 - CVE-2017-7184 Linux kernel fix, like a minor update. I'm dont see any reasons for "not work"

tested on VirtualBox:

clean normal install DSM_DS3615xs_15101.pat with Jun's Loader v.1.02a ->> update to DSM 6.1.1-15101 Update 2

success

today will test on my bare metal.