XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1.1-15101

Salah

I made a mistake, i migrate from DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 to 6.1.1 with 15101.

Now, my DSM not starting.

I cant downgrade to 15047, any idea? I have HP gen8

DSM dont work any more with DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11, im scary..

Change loader to jun's 1.02a2. Its low chance it can help, but most users report that upgrade bricks xpenology, even synology users got problems with dsm 6.1.1, thats why its has been revoked. Or you have to wait till synology will release new version dsm 6.1.x.

Using v1.02a2 loader, just did a force re-install to 6.1.1 from 6.1 then update to Update 1, looks everything goes well.

There is no such thing as a force reinstall menu line.

You either have a Force Install menu line or a Reinstall menu line. In v1.02a2 you don't even have a Force install. There only is a Reinstall menu line.

Can you please explain in detail how you proceeded? I am unable to replicate what you did and I don't see anyway to update 6.1 to 6.1.1 without bricking the install. All I have been able to do is a clean install of 6.1.1 which sort of works.

Also please provide your hardware info.

Further evidence that update from DSM6.1 to DSM 6.1.1 is creating problems:

[   50.143035] usbnet: Unknown symbol mii_ethtool_sset (err 0)
[   50.175789] usbnet: Unknown symbol mii_link_ok (err 0)
[   50.196662] usbnet: Unknown symbol mii_nway_restart (err 0)
[   50.223133] usbnet: Unknown symbol mii_ethtool_gset (err 0)

Using v1.02a2 loader, just did a force re-install to 6.1.1 from 6.1 then update to Update 1, looks everything goes well.

There is no such thing as a force reinstall menu line.

You either have a Force Install menu line or a Reinstall menu line. In v1.02a2 you don't even have a Force install. There only is a Reinstall menu line.

Can you please explain in detail how you proceeded? I am unable to replicate what you did and I don't see anyway to update 6.1 to 6.1.1 without bricking the install. All I have been able to do is a clean install of 6.1.1 which sort of works.

Also please provide your hardware info.

Oh, you're right, no force reinstall but just Reinstall. I just changed "set default" to '1' inside the grub.cfg, then reboot system and select to reinstall the DSM, I chose to keep my setting and data during install. After install, just changed "set default" back to '0' and update to Update 1 through DSM Control Panel. No any errors during installation. Please see my hardware info in my signature.

test #4

BARE METAL

DS3615xs with DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 with Jun's loader v1.02a -->> Normal Update, Normal Load DSM 6.1.1-15101 on 3615xs -->> DSM 6.1.1-15101 - Update 1 on 3615xs =

SUCCESS INSTALLATION, HAVE ACCESS TO DSM, ALL APPS, SETTINGS AND DATA KEEPED

it was bare metal update with .pat file from official website (not from autoupdate)

"time bomb" test now :mrgreen:

use this tip for you owns risk!

On my 6.1.1-15101 i have loop:

dmesg

Jan  1 13:42:55 getty[14056]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:05 getty[14057]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:15 getty[14059]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:25 getty[14060]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:35 getty[14061]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:45 getty[14063]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:43:55 getty[14064]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M
Jan  1 13:44:05 getty[14065]: console: TCGETS: Input/output error^M

I updated my DS3615xs with SDM 6.1-15047 Update 2 with Juns loader v1.02a via manual install to DSM 6.1.1-15101 and this to Update 1. It works, but i had to change the SATA Port of my System SSD to Port 2, dont know why.

I have an AsRock J3160B with 8GB Ram

For Microserver Gen8 Baremetal i updated from DS3615xs with DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 to DSM 6.1.1-15101 but it didnt work. The reason is, that the network card will not get loaded on startup. the system does only have the lo interface an nothing else.

i helped myself by doing a "force install" [NOT Migrate (you will loose your settings)] with DSM 6.1.1-15101 and afterwards updated to Update 1.

Attention: The system hung after the update to "Uodate 1" and i had to powerreset the system. afterwards ot bootet successfully with update 1 installed.

For Microserver Gen8 Baremetal i updated from DS3615xs with DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 to DSM 6.1.1-15101 but it didnt work. The reason is, that the network card will not get loaded on startup. the system does only have the lo interface an nothing else.

i helped myself by doing a "force install" [NOT Migrate (you will loose your settings)] with DSM 6.1.1-15101 and afterwards updated to Update 1.

Attention: The system hung after the update to "Uodate 1" and i had to powerreset the system. afterwards ot bootet successfully with update 1 installed.

Its work for me too, thanks!:smile:

Hi.

For me 6.1.1 version works. The problem that i managed to resolve was that my baremeteal stopped to reboot from web interface. I had to manually power it down/up again every time i wanted to reboot it. The problem was the VirtualBox package installed on my Xpenology. The package from http://spk.diablos-netzwerk.de/ link is not compatible with 6.1.1 version for now. I had to manually delete the package because the process hanged and i couldn't uninstall it from package manager. After removing of Virtualbox my Xpenology seems to work like it should.

Hi,

Just did a test by taking off my hard-disk and placed a single disk in my baremetal, the usb stick in on mainboard slot and using Jun's first alpha build.

My hardware is an ASROCK 236 WSI with an i3 6320 with 16 gb.

I started with that single hard disk from scratch did the installation of 6.1 created a share , created a bond interface with the onboard lan ports and updated to 6.1 update 1 first and did a restart.

As the update that was offered from synology by air was 6.1.1 I downloaded the small updates for 6.1 and did a manual install until my rig was back to 6.1. update 2.

Restart and everything was working as usual.

The i did on air update to 6.1.1-15101 and of course restart. back on line again! then i did the last update to 6.1.1 update 1 and restart.

System was back on line.

then i did a shutdown after i had setup the wake on lan to the first nick.

then i tried wake on line and system came online, logged in and everything was normal again...

Now what i can do..... just arching myself to update the production unit... but dunno, all this not working systems made me afraid to do it.

Oh again so much thanks go to JUN's

If you want my dmesg, ask

/wave

upgraded from 6.1 u2 to 6.1.1 to 6.1.1 u1 con Gen8 baremetal directly from the dsm interface using jun 1.02a ds3615sx :smile:

WORKED HERE

had just to copy /lib/modules/update to /lib/modules to get ethernet working again.