wer

Power button package

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I'm running a virtualized dx3615 from v1.03b/23739.pat.  Installed powerbutton thru web gui, manual install (upload package), shutdown option under admin works!  This is great work all, thank you! 😁

PS: if you can't download powerbutton file its because you need to register to forum; then the link works. 

Edited by n00b

Posted (edited)

working perfect on Packard Bell Imedia S I3616 NL  and DS3615xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02b and DSM_DS3615xs_15284 

10x

Edited by adicontakt

insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /usr/lib/modules/evdev.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /usr/lib/modules/button.ko: Invalid module format

with powerbutton 6.2-0002.spk

835d438200ac0538ccdd4568b2dd0ad9  POWERBUTTON_6.2-0002.SPK

Hi,

Installed on baremetal gen8 with boot 1.03b on DS3615XS, on dsm 6.2.2-24922 Update 4

I'm not able to shutdown or reboot from dsm gui, or from real buttons of my gen8.

That package was supposed to fix the problem ?

i can provide button.ko and evdev.ko for 6.2.2 and all 3 images , my oracle virtualbox vm does shutdown on acpi shutdown with it

here are the ones for 3615

you install the POWERBUTTON_6.2-0002.SPK and then copy these 2 files to /usr/lib/modules/update

button.ko evdev.ko

IG-How can I make this work with DS918+  running as A virtualbox guest

Edited by aibos

6 hours ago, aibos said:

How can I make this work with DS918+  running as A virtualbox guest

i installed the last packed and after installing replaced the button.ko and evdev.ko with the files belonging to 6.2.2

the installer in the package replaces the files of a 6.2.2 system with the files in the package and they belong to 6.2.(0), everything else is fine, you just have to bring the kernel driver files back to the version they need to be (/usr/lib/modules/)

as final solution the package needs to be modified to be aware of 6.2.2 and have extra *.ko files for this version

postinst ()
{
    chown -R root:root ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}
    cp -R ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}/files/* /
    cp -R ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}/modules/$DSM_VERSION/$DSM_PACKAGE/* /usr/lib/modules/

exit 0

Edited by IG-88