XPEnology Community

Power button package

wer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm running a virtualized dx3615 from v1.03b/23739.pat.  Installed powerbutton thru web gui, manual install (upload package), shutdown option under admin works!  This is great work all, thank you! 😁

PS: if you can't download powerbutton file its because you need to register to forum; then the link works. 

Edited by n00b

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, aibos said:

How can I make this work with DS918+  running as A virtualbox guest

i installed the last packed and after installing replaced the button.ko and evdev.ko with the files belonging to 6.2.2

the installer in the package replaces the files of a 6.2.2 system with the files in the package and they belong to 6.2.(0), everything else is fine, you just have to bring the kernel driver files back to the version they need to be (/usr/lib/modules/)

as final solution the package needs to be modified to be aware of 6.2.2 and have extra *.ko files for this version

postinst ()
{
    chown -R root:root ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}
    cp -R ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}/files/* /
    cp -R ${SYNOPKG_PKGDEST}/modules/$DSM_VERSION/$DSM_PACKAGE/* /usr/lib/modules/

exit 0

Edited by IG-88

• 4 weeks later...

DSM 6.2.2-24922 update 4 // DS918+ ->>> PROXMOX VM

I installed the file POWERBUTTON_6.2-0002.SPK.

Does the file first have to be copied into the directory and then install the SPK or does it matter?

Then copied the button.ko and evdv.ko file in /usr/lib/modules (folder I gave chmod 777 rights). Otherwise I couldn't copy the file.

Is it correct that the evdev.ko file was not present? -> Or do I need another directory here?

Unfortunately the server cannot be shutdown using the "Shutdown" button in the PROXMOX webui.
The server only runs via the button on the Webui from the server itself.

What else have I forgotten or done wrong?

just remove the button.ko and evdev.ko  from /usr/lib/modules

there are new one in /usr/lib/modules/update already

the plugin is not aware of the changes of 6.2.2 and blindly overwrites with old 6.2.0 files

the rest is fine, after removing the old/wrong files and rebooting your system should be able to use acpi power off

i'm using this with my dsm test vm's in virtualbox

the plugin needs to be extended for 6.2.2 and needs new button.ko/evdev.ko files (can be extraxted from my extra.lzma's)

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 6:46 AM, IG-88 said:

just remove the button.ko and evdev.ko  from /usr/lib/modules

there are new one in /usr/lib/modules/update already

and rebooting your system should be able to use acpi power off

the plugin needs to be extended for 6.2.2 and needs new button.ko/evdev.ko files (can be extraxted from my extra.lzma's)

I tried to pull those two files from your 918 extra.lzma and put them both in the /usr/lib/modules/update AND the /usr/lib/modules/

folder, rebooted, and my power button still does not shut down my physical 

suggestions to troubleshoot?

absolutely, I have had that package installed for a while now, it used to work quite a while back.  Yes it does restart and shutdown correctly from the GUI. I just would like to be able to shut it down using the physical power button.  the power button will do an oldschool forced shutdown it I hold it four 4 seconds, so the button is OK.

1 hour ago, mervincm said:

absolutely, I have had that package installed for a while now, it used to work quite a while back. 

reinstall the package, overwrite the files (old file date) with the new as you did before, reboot

try the shutdown by button, check the log (dmesg) for errors during boot (drivers loading) and the (attempted) shutdown

you can also look for whats in /dev/input/ and /sys/class/input/ there should be something if the drivers are loaded properly