XPEnology Community

DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11

phoneunlock

Version: 6.0.2-8451-11

(2017/04/19)

Important Note

The update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.

This update will restart your Synology NAS.

Fixed Issues

Fixed several security vulnerabilities regarding Linux kernel (CVE-2016-10229).

Anyone tested this update yet? Are we safe to update? :smile:

Tried to upgrade my AMD based bare metal install 6.0 update 9 to 6.0 update 11 and now it will not completely boot. It will boot up and respond to ping but I can't get into the web ui and I can access any of the shares.

Update I had to completely re-install to get this update to work. I tried to re-create my USB stick before the re-install but it didn't work. After a re-install I upgraded to update 11 then had to re-create the usb stick. After that I was able to reboot and install my backup file. All the files on the Data partition are intact. Not exactly elegant but I got it upgraded and working. HO Hum

Running bare metal on the Q1900 board. Install went without a hitch but the system never came back online. As a previous post, had to hard reboot the system and everything came back online without a hitch. I have multiple system services running. None seemed negatively affected so far.

Running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 on baremetal AMD. Just got there from 5.2, upgraded with Jun loader 1.01 and the included .pat. Then download syno offered u11 in control panel.

Network card disconnected and did not come back in 10 minutes, disk stopped crunching after some minutes already so pushed reset. After a bit more time then usual the network was up and the system is running.

There was an "Unexpected shutdown" in the log so the system was alive at reset.

upgrade from DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 10 to DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 11 on ESX 6.5 went without a hitch!

Can you share your VM settings with us? It crashes for me on every try and the general-page is now blank. Not sure what else is broken, but at least something is.

N54L bare metal trying to update to 11 - keep getting the "Fail to update the file. The file is probably corrupt".

It seems to go to 100%, starts to restart the services and then comes up with the error. Rebooting makes no difference.

Anyone got a solution?

I have some external USB 3 drives attached if that makes a difference.

Also going from update 9 -> 11

N54L bare metal trying to update to 11 - keep getting the "Fail to update the file. The file is probably corrupt".

It seems to go to 100%, starts to restart the services and then comes up with the error. Rebooting makes no difference.

Anyone got a solution?

I have some external USB 3 drives attached if that makes a difference.

Also going from update 9 -> 11

Did you try applying the update manually by downloading update 11 from Synology servers and then uploading it to DSM? Or is it being downloaded directly through DSM?

Here is the link in case you need it: http://download.synology.com/download/D ... 3615xs.pat