XPEnology Community

How to speed up expand speed

Masrawy

What can I do to speed up expand speed?

I had 3 X 6TB HDDs + 1 X 128GB SSD all in the same disk group. I added a 4th Seagate Ironwolf 6TB HDD identical to the 3 already in. the rebuild speed is now around 60MBPS. at that speed it will take I remember when I had only 2 HDDs plus the SSD and added a 3rd HDD, the rebuild speed was between 195 and 220MBPS.

I already changed sysctl -w dev.raid.speed_limit_min=200000 and sysctl -w dev.raid.speed_limit_max=500000. My CPU and RAM are only around 4% use... What else can I do to speed this up???

I read somewhere to increase stripe_cache_size, but couldn't find how... Any clue or other suggestions?

http://www.pro-blog.com/fix-synology-long-raid-rebuild-times/

This article is one source. There are a few posts around the web that explain how you can speed it up.

I already did that as explained. But I couldn't find how to modify stripe cache size.

Under "More advanced tweaks":

echo 32768 > /sys/block/md3/md/stripe_cache_size

Thanks for the help, I tried and it didn't do anything unfortunately. Should I put an even higher value? up to how much with the specs I have in my signature?