XPEnology Community

Xpenology Project Status

UNSC-117

Question

I'd argue otherwise. My job is almost entirely PowerShell based and the only reason I'm any good at it is because of StackOverFlow, Technet and tearing other people's scripts to pieces.

We all have to start somewhere; as a Hyper-V user I, and the many Hyper-V users on site, feel overlooked in our quest to get on DSM 6+. Having some documentation and how to guides to at least get acquainted would make heller difference.

Also, I can't imagine a world where Syno aren't already aware of how their protection isn't broken. If notepad ++ can check changes between documents, you can be sure as s*** Syno have already tore Jun's loader to shreds and found every change down to the last byte. More importantly you'd want them to, so they can build a better and more protected system. Which again means more developers working against the product would make it easier to unlock the next release.

You do realize that there's a difference between "tell me all you know about how the loader works, step by step", and StackOverflow, right?

If he had any specific questions, I'd have answered them. Maybe in private, but I'd definitely answer. However he had no specific question, he was all like "tell me everything". I won't be spoon-feeding anyone with information.

You do realize that there's a difference between "tell me all you know about how the loader works, step by step", and StackOverflow, right?

If he had any specific questions, I'd have answered them. Maybe in private, but I'd definitely answer. However he had no specific question, he was all like "tell me everything". I won't be spoon-feeding anyone with information.

No, not really. The best responses on StackOverFlow are the ones that come with an explanation into what each step does.

Perhaps the manner in which the question was asked may have come across rude but remember we all have a common goal on here, to further progress Xpenology.

The ones that deserve so little of the developers time are the selfish a******* that come on here as just an IP address, download what they need and contribute naff all, not even a thank you.

Anyone signing up to the forum to comment (short of the spammers!) at the very least recognises the hard work Trantor and co have put into getting this up and running, even if it's just to say "it don't work innit".

But anyway... I certainly don't mean to sound argumentative so apologies if it comes across that way.