XPEnology Community

MYDS web site has been block non synology 3615xs device

ingen300

If you have a real Synology box, take a picture of it with MAC address/serial number then contact them. They'll get you sorted out.

Until then, don't use quick connect. It will only be a matter of time before all external-access apps calls home for validation when they got sick of the abuse.

I don't think it's a good idea use quickconnect, if you buy a real synology you pay also to use qc, we are using synology software without paying, so i think it's good thing not use synology systems

To reach own synobox via internet need only 2 lines of PAT into router.

1. Stop using Quickconnect, use port forwarding and any freaking domain name. Hell, there are free ones, and DSM includes a DDNS service. Use it!

2. No, they did not ban users. They simply pulled the old DS3615xs serial format from their DB, and since it's invalid, you can't remove it.

3. The quickconnetor.orgfree generator does NOT create valid DS3615xs serials any more. If you want that so much, use this: https://xpenology.github.io/serial_gene ... r_new.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Rather than port forwarding to your DSM, it's safer to use VPN :wink:.

A VPN is something I have been wanting to setup for a while, but never seem to be able to get it to work.

Is there a guide available somewhere? - I've looked through the GUIDES section on here and can't find anything.

A VPN is something I have been wanting to setup for a while, but never seem to be able to get it to work.

Is there a guide available somewhere? - I've looked through the GUIDES section on here and can't find anything.

Did you check synology instructions?

https://www.synology.com/en-global/know ... /vpn_setup

Did you check synology instructions?

https://www.synology.com/en-global/know ... /vpn_setup

The one place I didn't look! - Cheers!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk