XPEnology Community

Jun's Alpha Loader for DSM 6.1

CrazyCreator

Thank you for the loader. Works fine so far with a MSI B150M ECO.

Just tried it with a new Seagate IronWolf. New diagnostic tab appears in DSM 6.1, nice!

As I need an additional DVB driver I also compiled new modules for supporting power button shutdown. Want to share it:

power-button-6.1.tar.gz

Just unpack power-button-6.1.tar.gz in the root directory.

Can you please tell me more about how the script acts when pressing the power button?

Just short press and the system goes off or what? :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with stock Samsung Nougat firmware

Just short press and the system goes off or what? :smile:

It's performing a clean shutdown (so no need to login web page for doing that).

Alright I am going to give it a try thanks.

Thank you for the loader. Works fine so far with a MSI B150M ECO.

Just tried it with a new Seagate IronWolf. New diagnostic tab appears in DSM 6.1, nice!

As I need an additional DVB driver I also compiled new modules for supporting power button shutdown. Want to share it:

power-button-6.1.tar.gz

Just unpack power-button-6.1.tar.gz in the root directory.

I unpacked your files in the root directory and now there's neither no web access nor can the NAS be found on LAN anymore.

Any idea on how can I get back the network access? :???:

Hi,

while tar unpacked the files, it deleted all in /bin (/usr/bin) and in /lib/modules. I had to reinstall dsm and reflash the bootstick to fix it. i suggest for you, first reflash your boot stick and remeber to swap the grub.cfg from the old to the new stick. if that wont work, try a reinstal per migrate

Hi,

while tar unpacked the files, it deleted all in /bin (/usr/bin) and in /lib/modules. I had to reinstall dsm and reflash the bootstick to fix it. i suggest for you, first reflash your boot stick and remeber to swap the grub.cfg from the old to the new stick. if that wont work, try a reinstal per migrate

Ouch OK. [emoji27]

I am going to do it later today thanks.

to get SHR again on DSM 6.1 you need to modify the Syno's config :

- edit synoinfo.conf located in /etc.defaults/synoinfo. conf

- comment out / delete

- support raid group = "yes"

- then add

- support_syno_hybrid_raid = "yes"

reboot your NAS and create your volume with the SHR option.

regardless

lewis666

If I try, then I get after the restart no IP address more.

Have anyone try this?

I unpacked your files in the root directory and now there's neither no web access nor can the NAS be found on LAN anymore.

I'm sorry for that, shouldnt have written 'just unpack'. I just adapted original former postings off power-off-button to DSM 6.1. I edited my original posting...

I'm sorry for that, shouldnt have written 'just unpack'. I just adapted original former postings off power-off-button to DSM 6.1. I edited my original posting...

It's OK until I will still be able to get access to my personal data hehe.

Hi,

I reflashed the USB stick, but the NAS still cannot be found. [emoji22]

I connected a monitor cable and I can see the bootloader screen so I guess I need to mount the hard disks on the DS414 and see what else is going on.

Hi,

so you have to reinstall the DSM. I tried it by "migrate" so it will keep the settings which didtn work for me. only a clean install "remove settings but keep data" worked for me. BUT: after manuell installing of the provided powerbutton files the powerbutton works for me again, just like it should

I have ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 with 8Gb ram install esxi 6.5.0 i deploy vm from ovf hw10-xpeno6-v1.01.zip, find.synology.com see it, install it but not restart diskstation manager, i search forum for solution without succesc. Can anybody help ? Thank you.

Hi,

so you have to reinstall the DSM. I tried it by "migrate" so it will keep the settings which didtn work for me. only a clean install "remove settings but keep data" worked for me. BUT: after manuell installing of the provided powerbutton files the powerbutton works for me again, just like it should

What if I didn't have the DS414?

I mean how else could I get web access to reinstall DSM?

Any guide you could please link here? :smile:

Running DSM 6.1 Update 1 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, baremetal Installation, using Juns Loader 1.02a DS3615xs.

Its running for a few weeks without any problems. I have three 3GB HDDs installed with ext4 running SHR. I have updated from DSM 5.2 To 6.0 And then To 6.1. The SHR group is working since 5.2. I think i have to do a clean install To use RAID and btfrs.

Whats the actual knowledge on this. Do i need to worry that my data will be lost if i upgrade? Or i just get the new loader and should update without a problem and not loosing data? (running now DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 baremetal on Hp MicroServer Gen8 G1610 4 gb ram with Juns 1.01 loader)

Running DSM 6.1 Update 1 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8, baremetal Installation, using Juns Loader 1.02a DS3615xs.

Its running for a few weeks without any problems. I have three 3GB HDDs installed with ext4 running SHR. I have updated from DSM 5.2 To 6.0 And then To 6.1. The SHR group is working since 5.2. I think i have to do a clean install To use RAID and btfrs.

Whats the actual knowledge on this. Do i need to worry that my data will be lost if i upgrade? Or i just get the new loader and should update without a problem and not loosing data? (running now DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 baremetal on Hp MicroServer Gen8 G1610 4 gb ram with Juns 1.01 loader)

As the topic title says, it's an alpha loader. Jun has made it clear it's for testing purposes only. Now, nothing stops you from trying it on your actual box with data in it but you need to be aware of the possible outcome. Some people have tried it without major issues. If I was you I would wait to use the loader on your 'production' box.

The choice is yours.

Really tempted to upgrade my main NAS now.. It's backed up, so fingers crossed should be fine..

My test 6.1 'server' is running fine..

The main reason is that they've finally got Virtualbox to work as an installable Syno Package.. :grin:

Any news on moving out of Alpha, or is there not enough data back in yet?

#H

Really tempted to upgrade my main NAS now.. It's backed up, so fingers crossed should be fine..

The main reason is that they've finally got Virtualbox to work as an installable Syno Package.. :grin:

#H

I am holding off. I do not have the need to go to 6.1 yet. Also, I am not liking those "volume crashed" or whatever messages that appear on screen even if they seem to have disappeared with update 2. Finally there are still some module loading issues with his release and also still no AMD support.

Only Jun himself can answer that question but I suppose that if he has the time he is probably also looking into the recently published source code of DSM 6.1

#H

Same here, really temping to upgrade.

Might give it a go this evening.

Are you running bare metal?

#H

Same here, really temping to upgrade.

Might give it a go this evening.

Are you running bare metal?

Yep.. Bare metal on test box and also on main NAS..

I would just leave it, but the Virtualbox package (which I've tested on my test 6.1 box and it works great) is really tempting me to upgrade. Especially since 6.1 update 2.

#H

I am holding off. I do not have the need to go to 6.1 yet. Also, I am not liking those "volume crashed" or whatever messages that appear on screen even if they seem to have disappeared with update 2. Finally there are still some module loading issues with his release and also still no AMD support.

Only Jun himself can answer that question but I suppose that if he has the time he is probably also looking into the recently published source code of DSM 6.1

Since Update 2, my NAS does not produce the 12h volume error, or the inaccessible DSM dashboard. I'm currently at 1d 6h uptime, mainly because I installed a 5.25" -> 4x 2.5" bracket last evening. But apart from that, my NAS has been running non-stop since last Friday, with Update 2.