XPEnology Community

Jun's Alpha Loader for DSM 6.1

CrazyCreator

yes, at first i can enter to dsm, and now no.

synology assistant dont find the nas too...

thank you

i might this will help you

synoservice {--help}

synoservice {--list} [running]

synoservice {--enable | --disable} service...

synoservice {--start | --stop | --restart} service...

synoservice {--keyon | --keyoff} service...

synoservice {--detail} service...

syno service dsm --start something like this via SSH

http://paf.dias.ac.cy/main/support/syno ... n-commands

yes, at first i can enter to dsm, and now no.

synology assistant dont find the nas too...

thank you

i might this will help you

synoservice {--help}

synoservice {--list} [running]

synoservice {--enable | --disable} service...

synoservice {--start | --stop | --restart} service...

synoservice {--keyon | --keyoff} service...

synoservice {--detail} service...

syno service dsm --start something like this via SSH

http://paf.dias.ac.cy/main/support/syno ... n-commands

Thank you so much!

these commands i have put into ssh, its ok?

Another question...

I have q1900 but i renew my nas, what pieces i have to buy for the best compatibility with 6.1? thank you so much.

Thank you so much!

these commands i have put into ssh, its ok?

Another question...

I have q1900 but i renew my nas, what pieces i have to buy for the best compatibility with 6.1? thank you so much.

Yes, its in SSH but not all the commands, maybe the DSM Service isnt working, in some part in the forum i saw that command maybe it will help you.

and about the compatibility i dont know the hardware list, maybe somebody can tell you the exact piezes. Sorry in that

There where many post on getting a migration work under vmware (no network after migration).

These we're the steps I performed to update my virtual machine from dsm 6.0 to dsm 6.1 with Jun's loader v1.02a :

Copy dsm6.0 vm to new folder

Copy synoboot.img, synoboot.vmdk to new vm folder

Boot machine

Start syno, install and migrate. After migrate wait at least 5 minutes, the system will not be reachable any more. Shutdown

Prepare a bootable (liliboot) Linux live cd with gparted.

Boot to EFI to boot from usb.

Goto gparted terminal

Mount raid system partition:

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1

cd /mnt

sudo mkdir md0

sudo mount /dev/md0 md0

sudo cd md0

Do the copy modules trick :

sudo cp lib/modules/update/* /lib/modules/

Reboot, you should be able to connect

thank you for the tip, had to use virtual serial console on my gen8 to restore the missing modules, everything is working fine and upgraded to update2.

:cool:

There where many post on getting a migration work under vmware (no network after migration).

These we're the steps I performed to update my virtual machine from dsm 6.0 to dsm 6.1 with Jun's loader v1.02a :

Copy dsm6.0 vm to new folder

Copy synoboot.img, synoboot.vmdk to new vm folder

Boot machine

Start syno, install and migrate. After migrate wait at least 5 minutes, the system will not be reachable any more. Shutdown

Prepare a bootable (liliboot) Linux live cd with gparted.

Boot to EFI to boot from usb.

Goto gparted terminal

Mount raid system partition:

sudo mdadm -AU byteorder /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1

cd /mnt

sudo mkdir md0

sudo mount /dev/md0 md0

sudo cd md0

Do the copy modules trick :

sudo cp lib/modules/update/* /lib/modules/

Reboot, you should be able to connect

thank you for the tip, had to use virtual serial console on my gen8 to restore the missing modules, everything is working fine and upgraded to update2.

:cool:

how can i use the virtual serial console? is there any tutorial?

Can you tell me a little bit more detailed the procedure u do to recover the network?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

A few days ago i updated to 6.2 and it works fine. I can restart and shut down the NAS without problems, but today, when i arrived home and enter dsm to check the download station, i cant enter to DSM. It says that.

EL4aIrC.png

What can i do? i restart the system but the message is the same. this is the correct ip and port.

I need help please.

Thank you so much.

I have exactly the same problem ! :sad: I'm desperate to find a solution. I hope that there is a way to downgrade to 6.0 :sad:

Nobody know how to downgrade to 6.0? Each time, I reboot, go to install then find.synology.com and redo an install + migrate my data and 1 day after, the dsm is crashing but services like PLEX are still up!

How I'm suppose to execute SSH command, I though that SSH service was not running by default since the 6.0?

Each time, I reboot, go to install then find.synology.com and redo an install + migrate my data and 1 day after, the dsm is crashing but services like PLEX are still up!

How I'm suppose to execute SSH command, I though that SSH service was not running by default since the 6.0?

Don't istall 6.1 3617, it working only for 1 day. Try 3615, it's works fine.

Each time, I reboot, go to install then find.synology.com and redo an install + migrate my data and 1 day after, the dsm is crashing but services like PLEX are still up!

Don't istall 6.1 3615, it working only for 1 day. Try 3615, it's works fine.

Where Can I find the 6.1.3617? And How can I choose a custom pat file when I put the bootloader to install mode?

Edited by Guest

You might need to read again. He provided both 3615 and 3617

Hi,

thought I'd join this thread as I am building a new bare metal install to test and review some hardware (small home server build supported by ICYDock and some others).

I'm happy to use this as a means of testing some stuff as my build is very similar in hardware to the DS3617xs.

I will have:

Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F which is a Xeon-D SOC.

MB has the 10GBase-T onboard (X540-T2 is part of the SOC I believe or chipset).

LSI 9211-8i HBA

8GB ECC

I have some queries:

1. Where do I get a serial and MAC for the DS3617xs? I only have a excel spreadsheet that lists up to DS3615xs.

(additional NIC MAC's can be anything yes?)

1. is 10G ethernet working for people? I recall there were some workarounds required a while back to enable the correct process.

2. For Wake on LAN will the package I have been running on an authentic DS1813+ be managed the same way?

3. To wake my NAS do I use the native NIC MAC or need to find a way to flash the NIC MAC addresses to those I use in the boot-loader.

Sorry if I seem simple.... I'm new to this and have been reading a tonne of threads but am still putting things together :smile:.

MB:asrock B85M-ITX

CPU:i5-4460T

LAN:Qualcomm® Atheros® AR8171

DS3617xs 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02a2 can work,Continue to test

DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02a2can not work,Synology Assistant could not find it DS916+,My router(R7000) can not be found this MAC address

MB:asrock J4205-ITX

LAN:Realtek RTL8111GR

DS916p 6.1 Jun's Mod V1.02a2can not work,Synology Assistant could not find it DS916+,My router(R7000) can not be found this MAC address

Where is wrong???

I am having the same issue. Another member with the same hardware as me has his working but I cannot find my NAS using the syn assistant. I have been using Bootloader 1.01 ..... haven't gotten as far as using a version of DSM yet.

The partitions were in place on my hard drive I just think it may be an Ethernet issue?

my motherboard has the following:

CPU and Chipset Drivers:

Broadwell based SOC

Intel® Xeon® processor D-1521

FCBGA 1667

Intel® D-1500 SoC 10GbE Controller

SoC 10GbE X552/X557-AT 10GBASE-T

On the v1.02A builds, I could never install the DS916P it would never show up on my network. I would say it didn't have my network card in the build. The DS3617xs would bomb out after about 12 hours.

I see jun has put up new builds for both of these as v1.02A2. I just tried to boot v1.02A DS916P and it does not show up on my network.

So I try the new 1.02A2 build with DS3617xs to see if time bomb exist on that release. One bad thing, if I run dmesg I get at the end following message:

[15235.595668] Can't get Core 8 temperature data
[15235.595670] CPU count larger than MAX_CPU 2: 2
[15235.595672] CPU count larger than MAX_CPU 2: 2
[15235.595674] CPU count larger than MAX_CPU 2: 2

I had configure the VM with 8 cores, because the original DS have also a CPU with 8 Threads (4 core with HT).

Don't know was this message have an impact.

Edit: Saw at top another message that is different...:smile:

[0.000000] smpboot: Allowing 8 CPUs, 0 hotplug CPUs

Hi

I'm running Xpenology and in a bout of reckless stupidity I clicked the upgrade button in DSM, which attempted and failed to install DSM 6.1-15047.

Now I can't rollback to v5.2-5644 as it keeps saying it is an older version than 6.1.

I've tried editing /etc.defaults/VERSION but this hasn't worked - can edit the file but Synology Assistant still says it is DSM 6.1-15407.

Using Jun's Loader v1.02a is my last hope of recovering my data before I cave in and buy a DS416J.

When I use Win32DiskImager to write synoboot.img to USB, I don't get a boot folder. I've tried several times and I believe I've read all of this thread but can't find a solution. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.