XPEnology Community

I'm not trying to be rude or callous...

jamieboy05

I cannot, for the life of me, understand WHY PEOPLE CAN'T READ THROUGH THE FREAKIN' FORUM'S COMPLETELY... Are they just that lazy, or is not being able to read truly an issue... I've only posted 1 time and been following Synology and specifically this Xpenology forum for the past 4 years. I have had a xpenology box successfully running and on the latest version at that for most of those 4 years.  Why? BECAUSE I READ THROUGH THE FORUM'S COMPLETELY! I FOLLOWED PEOPLE'S LINKS. NOT ONCE HAVE I EVER NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND WHAT I NEEDED BECAUSE THESE DEVELOPERS WORK HARD AND DOCUMENT THEIR WORK WELL!

They post their findings and work in forums so other people can benefit from those findings, and the only thing they ask is that you fully read something... I get so annoyed with seeing posts asking the stupidest question of can I install it on my computer and how. I can almost ALWAYS guarantee someone has already tried it, on a similar system, and has documented their findings here!! A lot of these forum's have gone private because of annoyances such as this issue! There's nothing wrong with being new, and wanting to learn, but YOU WILL LEARN NOTHING IF SOMEBODY HOLDS YOUR HAND THE ENTIRE TIME.  The reason for these posts is to truly help debug a real problem you have! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THE ENTIRE FORM,  NEXT TIME, DONT' BE SO LAZY, CLICK THE WHITE BOX WITH "SEARCH..." IN IT AND USE IT! IF IT RETURNS NOTHING, TRY USING SEARCH BOOLEANS IN YOUR SEARCH. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE GOOGLE IT; THEY'VE MADE BILLIONS BECAUSE OF THEM!

./endrant