XPEnology Community

Has anyone upgraded to 7.2-64561 ?

ddos

Question

4 hours ago, ddos said:

I'm using ARPL https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl

I recreated the bootloader, very simple process and the upgrade was performed without a single issue

I recreated the bootloader now, but there is no option to chose the new build number (7.2-)64561. How did you manage it?

Or did you update DSM from 7.1.1 u5 to 7.2 manually?

Edited by Sonnenblume

1 minute ago, Orphée said:

Probably because he is using this one :

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n

Then I misunderstood. I thought he used arpl v1.1-beta2a from fbelavenuto.

My "DS920+" uses this loader. Have i to wait for a new loader version or ist it possible to use another loader? I don´t want to create a new DSM from scratch. My 7.1.1 u5 is running fine has some containers. Sorry for my stupid question, but i am a noob.

14 hours ago, Sonnenblume said:

Then I misunderstood. I thought he used arpl v1.1-beta2a from fbelavenuto.

My "DS920+" uses this loader. Have i to wait for a new loader version or ist it possible to use another loader? I don´t want to create a new DSM from scratch. My 7.1.1 u5 is running fine has some containers. Sorry for my stupid question, but i am a noob.

I'm actually not sure what to recommend in your case, for me I just recreated the bootloader and it just worked

Edited by ddos

21 minutes ago, ddos said:

I'm actually not sure what to recommend in your case, for me I just recreated the bootloader and it just worked

Thanks for your answer. I need a secure way from DSM 7.1.1U5 to 7.2. I use bootloader arpl v1.1-beta 2a from fbelavenuto.

After recreating the same bootloader again with another usb-Stick I got not the option to chose 7.2-64561 in the menu. Did you get by recreation bootloader this option? Or did you manually upgrade to 7.2?

27 minutes ago, Sonnenblume said:

Thanks for your answer. I need a secure way from DSM 7.1.1U5 to 7.2. I use bootloader arpl v1.1-beta 2a from fbelavenuto.

After recreating the same bootloader again with another usb-Stick I got not the option to chose 7.2-64561 in the menu. Did you get by recreation bootloader this option? Or did you manually upgrade to 7.2?

I used the new bootloader on a new USB stick and obviously needed to create the bootloader as it was a fresh install

After walking through the menu, I did have the option of selecting 64561, the bootloader installed and I rebooted and was upgraded to 7.2-64561, I did not do the upgrade manually

Hope this helps

I'm probably dumb but I don't think you can upgrade to DSM 7.2 with original @fbelavenuto's arpl currently.

When I look the github repo, I dont see any commit matching 7.2...

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/blob/main/files/board/arpl/overlayfs/opt/arpl/model-configs/DS3622xs%2B.yml

@ddos are you really sure you are using original ARPL ? can you make a screenshot of the boot screen ?

8 minutes ago, Orphée said:

I'm probably dumb but I don't think you can upgrade to DSM 7.2 with original @fbelavenuto's arpl currently.

When I look the github repo, I dont see any commit matching 7.2...

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/blob/main/files/board/arpl/overlayfs/opt/arpl/model-configs/DS3622xs%2B.yml

@ddos are you really sure you are using original ARPL ? can you make a screenshot of the boot screen ?

Ok, so there seems to be a lot of confusion here

I am using https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl, obviously you need to get the latest version, so you can install 7.2 otherwise it's not going to work.

You can see the comment "Added toolchain/toolkit for 7.2 version by @fbelavenuto in #624" on the GitHub page, so it's ready for 7.2

1. Download v1.1-beta2a,
  2. Use a new USB stick,
  3. Burn it to the new USB,
  4. Boot from the new USB
  5. Create the bootloader

ok ?

Edited by ddos

42 minutes ago, Sonnenblume said:

@ddosThanks for your detailed description.

I think I´ll try your steps again and hope to get the option of selection 64561 too. Perhaps I did a mistake by recreating stick.

I formatted stick completely and deleted old partions. Then I completely recreated USB-Stick with arpl-Loader from @fbelavenuto, but I can´t chose the new dsm version in the menu. Perhaps I am to stupid, because i am not an IT-expert. Or it depends on my hardware (CPU Intel G4560).

I think it´s better for me to wait a few days until other users reports about their ways to update and how they managed it. For me it´s now not really necessary tu update, because my DSM 7.1.1 U5 is running ok at my hardware.

Edited by Sonnenblume

3 minutes ago, Sonnenblume said:

I formatted stick completely and deleted old partions. Then I completely recreated USB-Stick with arpl-Loader from @fbelavenuto, but I can´t chose the new dsm version in the menu. Perhaps I am to stupid, because i am not an IT-expert. Or it depends on my hardware (CPU Intel G4560).

1. Download v1.1-beta2a
  2. Use a new USB stick
  3. Burn it to the new USB
  4. Boot from the new USB
  5. Create the bootloader
  6. Boot the bootloader
  7. Follow the installation DSM wizard

Enjoy DSM 7.2

• Like 1

@ddosThanks for you help and patience with me.

I did your steps. But at step 5 at the step to chose "build number" I can´t see the 64561.

I am waiting a few days and try it then again. My DSM 7.1.1 U5 is working fine.

Perhaps other users can report about their way/method/steps for an succesful update.

3 minutes ago, Sonnenblume said:

@ddosThanks for you help and patience with me.

I did your steps. But at step 5 at the step to chose "build number" I can´t see the 64561.

I am waiting a few days and try it then again. My DSM 7.1.1 U5 is working fine.

Perhaps other users can report about their way/method/steps for an succesful update.

what hardware platform are you using ?

Just now, Orphée said:

Try this one and you will have 64561 available in build number :

https://github.com/wjz304/arpl-i18n/releases

Is it possible to change a loader for getting a new DSM Version without losing all my actual DSM settings ( user, folders,containers, datas, files,...)? Yes, i backupped all this on external drive but i won´t this all build new from scratch.