XPEnology Community

DSM 6.1 released - Works with Jun Loader?

timgjr

Check it with my fresh install environment (ESXi 6.5) but it doesn't work. Get always Error [7] at the serial. It find an older version and try to recover. Recover runs for ever. Need to change disk and install a 6.0.2 over. That works fine.

I am using Jun's loader v1.02a for DSM 6.1 on my baremetal setup and it is working nice indeed.

Had some trouble with 2 of my 8 disks being seen as eSata disks until I figured out to mod the internalportcfg-setting in /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

(See my thread http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30258 on how I solved it.) Working really nice now!

I also took the step and added 3x3TB SATA disks to 3 of the motherboard internal SATA connectors, changed internalportcfg setting:

from binary 0011 1111 1100 0000 = 0x3fc0 (i.e. zeroes on the 6 first positions since I do not have any disks connected to the mobo Asus P7F-X sata ports)

to binary 0011 1111 1111 1000 = 0x3ff8 (i.e. zeroes now on the 3 first positions only since I have 3 SATA disks connected and the other 8 are connected to my LSI-controller)

Rebooted the system and when I started to greate a separate disk group of the 3 new disks added I could not choose SHR as the raid type but some searching here on the forum quickly enlightened me that I needed to

comment out / delete

support_raid_group = "yes"

then add

support_syno_hybrid_raid = "yes"

in /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf and reboot and voilaaaa! My 2nd disk group is now also up and running in SHR mode with BTRFS-filesystem. Cool! :razz:

• 2 weeks later...