timgjr

DSM 6.1 released - Works with Jun Loader?

Anyone check to see if Jun Loader works with 6.1 yet?

Also, didn't Synology say they were publishing Source finally upon release of 6.1?

Check it with my fresh install environment (ESXi 6.5) but it doesn't work. Get always Error [7] at the serial. It find an older version and try to recover. Recover runs for ever. Need to change disk and install a 6.0.2 over. That works fine.

I am using Jun's loader v1.02a for DSM 6.1 on my baremetal setup and it is working nice indeed.

Had some trouble with 2 of my 8 disks being seen as eSata disks until I figured out to mod the internalportcfg-setting in /etc/synoinfo.conf and /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf

(See my thread http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30258 on how I solved it.) Working really nice now!

I also took the step and added 3x3TB SATA disks to 3 of the motherboard internal SATA connectors, changed internalportcfg setting:

from binary 0011 1111 1100 0000 = 0x3fc0 (i.e. zeroes on the 6 first positions since I do not have any disks connected to the mobo Asus P7F-X sata ports)

to binary 0011 1111 1111 1000 = 0x3ff8 (i.e. zeroes now on the 3 first positions only since I have 3 SATA disks connected and the other 8 are connected to my LSI-controller)

Rebooted the system and when I started to greate a separate disk group of the 3 new disks added I could not choose SHR as the raid type but some searching here on the forum quickly enlightened me that I needed to

comment out / delete

support_raid_group = "yes"

then add

support_syno_hybrid_raid = "yes"

in /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf and /etc/synoinfo.conf and reboot and voilaaaa! My 2nd disk group is now also up and running in SHR mode with BTRFS-filesystem. Cool! :razz: