XPEnology Community

MTU 9000 cannot access DSM anymore

doubleugk

Change MTU on your PC to 9k or connect via ssh and type ifconfig eth0 mtu 1500 up

I'd already change the MTU on my PC, but my router Fritzbox 7490 FW 6.80 doesn't seem to support this high MTU rate.

SSH is not enabled :sad:

I'll try to get a 2nd network adapter and hopefully this will allow me to access again.

Thx wgk

Change MTU on your PC to 9k or connect via ssh and type ifconfig eth0 mtu 1500 up

I'd already change the MTU on my PC, but my router Fritzbox 7490 FW 6.80 doesn't seem to support this high MTU rate.

SSH is not enabled :sad:

I'll try to get a 2nd network adapter and hopefully this will allow me to access again.

Thx wgk

Is there a router in between pc and xpenology? Try also changing MTU on a router. Or try connecting directly to nas.

Is there a router in between pc and xpenology? Try also changing MTU on a router. Or try connecting directly to nas.

Yes the router is in between and it doesn't allow to change the MTU. Direct access isn't possible, because I've configured the network settings manually :sad:

Sure it is. You just need to match the subnet on your PC. For example if you set your NAS to 192.168.1.2, then simply set your PC to 192.168.1.3. No gateway or DNS ip is necessary for this.

Sure it is. You just need to match the subnet on your PC. For example if you set your NAS to 192.168.1.2, then simply set your PC to 192.168.1.3. No gateway or DNS ip is necessary for this.

Yes I know - but I've set the IP, Subnet, Gateway and DNS-Server on my DS manually - hence a p2p won't work.

I've used 2nd network card and that was the easiest solution for me. Thx 2 all that suggested a possible solution.

After I've corrected the MTU, I'd some further testing and upto MTU 6000 the DS is able to connect to my network.

But the throughput is not really effected by the change of the MTU in my network.