XPEnology Community

Can't expend RAID volume at more than 16TB on DSM 6.0

jpnn80

Hi,

As I don't understand why the storage manager can't let me expand my RAID volume to more than 16TB when I try to initialize my new Western Digital 8TB drive, is it because its size difference is too high with my smallest HDD at 4GB ?

You can see the list of my HDD there https://www.dropbox.com/s/sp4ds16iu3qcpaz/RAID.jpg?dl=0

Indeed you were right as the volume was created on a DS213air before I moved it to a HP Proliant N54L, without knowing that DS213air specs limits the volume size to 16TB, and DSM isn't able to go beyond after a NAS migration.

Now my big problem is that deleting the volume also forces me to delete the packages, and from what I could find on internet, there is no way to make a backup of them with my custom settings, or the playlist database of Audio Station...

Indeed you were right as the volume was created on a DS213air before I moved it to a HP Proliant N54L, without knowing that DS213air specs limits the volume size to 16TB, and DSM isn't able to go beyond after a NAS migration.

Now my big problem is that deleting the volume also forces me to delete the packages, and from what I could find on internet, there is no way to make a backup of them with my custom settings, or the playlist database of Audio Station...

Can you move the packages to a different volume?