XPEnology Community

Synology recovery failing V5.2-5967 (DS3615xs)

GGVII

Hi all,

So I had my server setup perfect for over a week. Made no changes what so ever to the machine and when I woke up one day I found the system suddenly went into recovery mode.

Under Synology Assistant the status shows 'Recoverable' and if I go via the web browser it says the same thing. The only option I have is 'Recover' which spends 10 minutes trying, but it makes no changes.

I connected a monitor and keyboard directly to the server and the keyboard works fine during the BIOS run through, as soon as I tell it to boot from the USB and select any option the keyboard stops working so I cannot put enter the user into it to do anything else.

I'm using a HP MicroServer Gen8, standard set-up no changes to the hardware.

V5.2-5967 (DS3615xs)

I'm pretty much a noob with this so sorry if I've missed any information that would be useful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

When you setup your DSM, did you go into Control Panel and change the update settings from "newest DSM and all updates"?

If not, then I am going to guess that it downloaded DSM 6.0 and tried to apply it.

So. What to do?

You could read this http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13288 and try the suggestions there.

Note the disclaimer :!:

Thank you for your help.

I didn't allow it to download updates so not sure if that would be the case.

However I did just rebuilt it from the start. Didn't have too much on it worth keeping.

If you're an admin and you are able to close this case please do, I'm not sure if I can do it on my own.