XPEnology Community

ds3615xs-7.1.0-42621 shutdown not working

Hi All,

I just finished building my baremetal device with redpil ds3615xs-7.1.0-42621. All went went except for shutdown.

I added : ./rploader.sh ext ds3615xs-7.1.1-42962 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pocopico/redpill-load/develop/redpill-acpid/rpext-index.json

As per instruction however it does not solve the issue. Rebooting works fine, but when i do a shutdown from the portal I can see the ip offload and the disk spins down but the system is still powered on.

Also tried 

But does not work either, any suggestion would be helpful, currently pressing the physical button long enough to hard power the device.

Cheers,

Hemant

On 3/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, hemant said:

As per instruction however it does not solve the issue. Rebooting works fine, but when i do a shutdown from the portal I can see the ip offload and the disk spins down but the system is still powered on.

you could try arpl loader, i remember a case with a acer hardware where it did no work with tcrp but with arpl

@IG-88

I used the arpl this time DS3622xs+ for some reason DS3615XS is not found. However the issue is still the same.

acpi stuff is all loaded as per default.

But still after shutdown ->

- IP is offloaded system is not pingable

- HD spins off

- Screen still shows Login (but cannot type anything)

- Power button is still on

WOL does not work as the system seems to be in kind of freeze mode, so only option is to press power button for 10 sec and than i can start the NAS up again.

Unfortunately I cannot use DSM 6.2.x because it is never found by synology assistant. Unfortunately i don't have a console to see what is happening there.

Only working version is DSM 6.1.7 currently.

All the help is welcome.

Cheers,

Hemant

3 hours ago, hemant said:

Unfortunately I cannot use DSM 6.2.x because it is never found by synology assistant. Unfortunately i don't have a console to see what is happening there.

Only working version is DSM 6.1.7 currently.

from that it does not seem to be dell bios, the chipset seems to lack ahci in general

https://www.jagatreview.com/2011/03/intel-h61-chipset-review-almost-all-the-features-for-less/

could be fixed with a pcie based ahci capable controller (but even if you get 6.2 up and running its not safe to assume that shutdown will work)

jmb585 or asm1166 in 16x slot or jmb582 in 1x slot might be a possible choice

3615 might be a interesting choice as its the only unit still having kernel 3.10 so there might be a difference

arpl does have 3615 support, maybe took for a the choice to enable all units (beta or whatever other option is shown)

3615 is still in the loaders source (DS3615xs.yml)

https://github.com/fbelavenuto/arpl/tree/main/files/board/arpl/overlayfs/opt/arpl/model-configs

did you try 3615 with tcrp?

this one is based on arpl but seem to lack 3615, maybe try 3617 instead

https://github.com/AuxXxilium/arc

you could also try to use tcrp with dsm 6.2.4 and 3617 as possible choice, that would also result in a kernel 3.10 based config

at least 6.2.4 seems still be supported in the tcrp loader

https://github.com/pocopico/tinycore-redpill/tree/main/config/DS3617xs

@IG-88

Thanks, yes I did try tcrp plain for 3615xs and 3617 and 3622, shutdown not working with or without additional acpi.

Today I tried arc as per suggestion which did not boot properly after build the system was never found :(

So started digging into the files and noticed that when booting TRCP (not DSM), shutdown was also not working. So went back and build:

TinyCore 8.2.3 Shutdown working

TinyCore 13.1 Shuwtdown Working

TinyCore 12 Shutdown Working

TRCP with TinyCore 12 Shutdown not working

After browsing on the TRCP USB I noticed a file BOOTX64.EFI, which is not on the TinyCore USB I created, so renamed the file on TRCT to xxxx. Tested again and guess what when I booth TRCP (Not DSM), I can shutdown the machine as expected.

No I need to check weather this also works after DSM is installed.

By the way you were referring to DS3617XS 6.2.4, however that is not an option when i run ./rploder.sh list mods, i can only see 7.0x and higer.

I also noticed that the file in the link says DS3617XS but the actual file calls DS3615XS:

image.thumb.png.eaba858a900b8c55f42b11fc72f1cc12.png

No not sure how to build 6.2.4 ./rploader.sh build ds3617xs-6.2.4-25556 does not work ./rploader.sh build ds3615xs-6.2.4-25556.

Looking for suggestions .

Cheers,

Hemant

Hi,

I did some additional troubleshooting but no solution yet.

Changed system to DS3611+ s3622xsp-7.1.0-42661

./rploader.sh ext ds3622xsp-7.1.0-42661 add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dodo-dk/rp-ext/main/acpid/rpext-index.json

lsmod | grep button

root@HAGPAZ1-S-TST:~# lsmod | grep button
button                  5041  0

ls -l /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Mar 23 17:09 acpid.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/acpid.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 Mar 23 16:46 avahi.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Mar 23 16:46 ntpd.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/ntpd.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 61 Mar 23 16:48 pkg-synosamba-env-setup.service -> /usr/local/lib/systemd/system/pkg-synosamba-env-setup.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Mar 23 16:48 pkg-synosamba-nmbd.service -> /usr/local/lib/systemd/system/pkg-synosamba-nmbd.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 Mar 23 16:48 pkg-synosamba-smbd.service -> /usr/local/lib/systemd/system/pkg-synosamba-smbd.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 70 Mar 23 16:48 pkg-synosamba-wstransfer-genconf.service -> /usr/local/lib/systemd/system/pkg-synosamba-wstransfer-genconf.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Mar 23 16:46 ssdp.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/ssdp.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Mar 23 16:58 sshd.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/sshd.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Mar 23 16:46 synotifyd.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/synotifyd.service

Head over to https://github.com/pocopico/4.4.180plus-broadwellnk and download button.ko
copy it to /usr/lib/modules/ 
login on your DSM as admin user and run the following : 
sudo -s
rm /sbin/depmod
rm /sbin/modinfo
ln -s /bin/kmod /sbin/depmod
ln -s /bin/kmod /sbin/modinfo
depmod -a

root@HAGPAZ1-S-TST:~# ls /usr/lib/modules/button.*
/usr/lib/modules/button.ko

But Shutdown does not work -> screen ouput still available and button light stays on

I noticed when i actually press the button when  DSM is loaded, it shutsdown DSM but not the machine itself.

Also with a reboot from DSM this actually works, i can see DSM reboot, machine goes of no lights and then back on so it knows how to restart and boot properly but it does not know how to properly shutdown and hangs until shutdown is forced holding the power button.

As this will be a remote server for backup i would like to be able to shutdown and WOL, so would really appreciate all the help.

Hemant

• 1 month later...

Hi Willem,

For the Thin Client T5010, problem was never solved, not sure what it is missing. I used another Thin client ZD097, almost same with slight higher CPU. Works out of the box no issues with that one.

Hemant

Hi Hemant, 
I used an old ACER H340 NAS server which works fine and as it should be except the shutdown issue. 
So I think your solution is probably not possible for mee? Actually I have no idea due to too little knowledge.
Anyway thanks for your reply and nice that you found your solution. 

Willem