XPEnology Community

Recommend hardware for upgrade to DSM 7.1 with 10Gbe NIC and HBA Adapter

bluesnow

Hello, 

I`ve read a lot of update reports about DSM 7.1, but I didn't found and specific info about the hardware fully compatible with DSM 7.1

Actually I have 2 Xpenology NAS (one DSM 6.1.7 and other DSM 7.1), and I would like to merge both in one with new hardware. The parts for new would be:

• CPU: Intel Core i3-12100
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4
  • RAM: Kingston Fury Beast 8GB
  • Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i-17xx

I hope these will be compatible with an image for DS3622+ and get inside in a Rack Server chassis for 16 HDD with 8643 connectors in backplane (like this one 24 HDD version). The idea is to put a Dual NIC on a PCIe-X (4x) and a SAS Controller on an PCIe-X (8x), and attached at least 12 HDD or up to 16 (if edition of synoinfo.conf allow that).

The question is which NIC 10Gbe and HBA adapter will be compatible with DSM 7.1 to get max performance and easiest installation? Someone has something similar?

I've tested in the past a 10Gbe NIC Asus XG-C100C without success with DSM 7.1. Which models are actually recognized by TCRP or APRL?

And about HBA, which chipsets are more compatible, marvell 88SE9215, ASM1166, another one with at least 6 or 8 SATA. Which models are actually recognized by TCRP or APRL? 

Thank you so much.

I've not been able to get 10G to work with a server similar to yours. My 10g NIC is a Qnap card (Aquantia AQ107). Although 88 says the kekts in the ARPL loader from FB and pocopico are with atlantis drivers (v2), they can't fit the GIGABYTE motherboard with the DSM7.1. I' tried it with the 3617xs and it didn't load the board either. However, they can load Realtek USB (2.5) adapters. The ARPL launcher has a ifconfig saying "not 10g". I' edited it, but that doesn't work either. I' am waiting for someone genius to compile the correct drivers.