XPEnology Community

Synology DSM 7.2 Beta

Linux Kernel, version 4.4.180+ -> 4.4.302+ ( 7.2beta) : (Each model name may be slightly different)

https://mariushosting.com/synology-dsm-7-2-64213-beta-is-out/

One of the best things is DSM 7.2 has a new Linux Kernel, version 4.4.302+ instead of 4.4.180+ Although this Kernel is an old Linux Kernel from January 10, 2016, the last Kernel update 302+ is a very recent release from February 3, 2022. However, Long Term Support will be available until 2026, possibly until 2036. Note: The Kernel version can vary from one model to another.

The new PHP core version of DSM 7.2 should not to be confused with the PHP package. The new DSM 7.2 PHP goes from version 7.3.3 to version 8.1.9. This update seems to have sped up the entire DSM, with folders opening faster, packages becoming faster and more responsive etc.

Edited by Peter Suh
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
15 часов назад, pipsen сказал:

There is a quite unofficial patched loader available:

Сan you share the DS918_7.2-64216...img file? Otherwise, the download is very slow at the specified link :(

[UPD]: I find another link with normal downloading - https://d.gxnas.com/GXNAS网盘-OneDrive/黑群晖/黑群晖DSM6.24和DSM7.x测试版

Edited by dj_nsk

17 часов назад, smilenkovski сказал:

So, You are just using arpl beta from arpl github and adding 7.2 image from that site. Where do You add to arpl?

1. Use the image *7.2-64216.img from the site gxnas.com instead of the ARPL-loader when creating a bootable USB flash drive
  2. Check and edit the user-config.yml file before loading DSM (I had to specify my SN/MAC and add e1000e)
  3. Use the file *7.2-64216.pat to install the update

I checked in a virtual machine on ESXi 8 - everything is installed and running.

• Like 1

@dj_nsk

I've installed on Gigabyte MB, with intel i3 8th gen, 24 gb RAM , with two intel lan cards, first 1 GB second 2.5 GB. I didn't change anything cause I don't know where to find that file user-config.yml and how to edit. The NAS is working 3 days and it is fast, responsive and plex hw transcoding and it is very good experience. My question is, (and I know it is beta) is it safe to use this version on a production NAS, regarding updates and all.

39 minutes ago, pipsen said:

What das "i18n" mean / stand for? Whats the difference between i18n and arpl-zh_CN ?

i18n == internationalization

At first, I forked arpl-zh_CN is only synchronized with Chinese. Some friends want DSM6.2 and 7.2, so I built v1.1-beta2a-++v3 on my locally. 

and zh_ CN will always be sync.

Since Fabio Belavenuto has not been updated for a while, I am not sure if he will support 7.2 and multiple languages in the future,

so I have recreated the fork to sync my local modifications.

so:

zh_CN = sync(arpl) + Chinese

i18n     = sync(arpl) + 6.2&7.2 + multiple languages + other

Excuse me for my poor English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, painkiller895 said:

Thanks, all seems to be work good on my ESXI server... On VMware Workstaion 17  it cant find eth0 when I add it to Bridge network. But on Server i used E1000 and all is good...

你需要确认你的 VMware Workstaion 的 虚拟网络适配器中是否为 VMnet0(Bridge) 指定了有效的物理网卡

@wjz304 

Since today, Version  7.2-64551 is out. This is the official release candidate bei Synology. Could you maybe update your arpl-i18n project for this build? This would be so awesome :)

I hope that "official" arpl and/or tcrp will update their loaders as well for DSM 7.2 

2 hours ago, pipsen said:

@wjz304 

Since today, Version  7.2-64551 is out. This is the official release candidate bei Synology. Could you maybe update your arpl-i18n project for this build? This would be so awesome :)

I hope that "official" arpl and/or tcrp will update their loaders as well for DSM 7.2 

No official information was found. If you have any, plz provide it

• Like 1