XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2-5967 Update 2

ferno

Hi Everybody,

I know for sure this question has been asked before but have been searching through the forum and cant find it so I am just going to ask it again.

I have been running DSM 5.2-5967 Update 1 for a while now and am quite content with it, down want to move to DSM 6 just yet especially because there is no working Virtual Box package for DSM 6.

So for the 5.2 version I am missing one update the DSM 5.2-5967 Update 2, now I am wondering if I can just safely update to this update though the DSM update feature or if I have to look into a new boot loader en go trough safe PAT downloads to safely update it.

Has anybody updated to DSM 5.2-5967 Update 2 from DSM 5.2-5967 Update 1 just from the synology gui without having any issues?

I know I am not running the latest boot loader but don't want to change that as it is running rock solid, just want to apply DSM 5.2-5967 Update 2 because of the UPNP security issue it covers.

Hopefully someone that did this update wants to share his experience here.

Regards and thank in advance!

Ferno

• 1 month later...