XPEnology Community

xpenology dsm 7.1 versus ds218+ dsm 7.1 install of home assistant networking issue?

dasbooter

Question

I have 2 machines as mentioned in the title. The samba addon for home assistant works on the 218+ but does not work on my xpenology install. 

Both are clean VM's spun up for testing. I have also exported the working home assistant VM(samba works) from the 218+ into the xpenology and it loses its samba ability.

I have attempted to use MacOS samba client also but it also fails similarly

Description of the failure: Mapping the network drive brings a prompt for user and password. There is a long pause and then the prompt for user and password appears again? Then failure with the following  attached message. In the log for the samba addon I can see that authentication actually succeeds?

I have done my best to config both VM's the same.

I may have one DSM configured differently than the other but I have poured through the settings and compared.

Its expenolgy related.

Thanks if anybody has any suggestions. I have always used the mounted files for configuration however I have setup workarounds

Screenshot (45).png

Edited by dasbooter

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet